Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Falklands, does Argentina have a valid p.o.v.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, Kid.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Here's the first post for you, KH.

Originally posted by Braindead View Post

I think their claims are absurd. Falklands have been settled by british people for nearly 200 years. The population is virtually all british and wish to remain a british territory.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I've heard on QI today that the brief Argentinian occupation helped the local penguin population to recover. They've left the beaches full of landmines, which the penguins cannot trigger with their weight, but this keeps illegal whalers that used penguin fat as a fire source away.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
          Here's the first post for you, KH.
          And what does this hae to do with anything?
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            No, what happened was that the argies made a load of bad decisions for themselves.
            My point precisely.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
              And what does this hae to do with anything?
              It hae to do with everything! What does your response hae to do with what I posted?
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Frankly, KH, I don't know why you're so upset about all this. I pretty much agree with your posts before #27, when something in you snapped.

But if you really want a "no, it's not" "yes, it is" argument, I'd suggest trolling Mrfun ro Kidicious.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What snapped? I don't really give a **** about the argies or the falklands. I do note your continuing obsession with kuci's kid brother, though.
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Good for you.
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I really don't see Argentina as having a valid position wrt the Falklands because virtually no one on the Falklands actually wants to be part of Argentina. The guiding principle to all of these territorial disputes should be the self determination of people.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Argentina should wait few more years until Brits scrap that little bit of navy they have left, and then annex... The British may not even have the royal yacht left to come back and reclaim.
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Argentina almost doesn't have an army, we could not invade Uruguay, and would lose a war to Perú.

That happens because the military is one of the most unpopular and less prestigious institutions of the country.
                          Mainly because of the last dictatorship, which ruined our economy, and in which they killed and disappeared around 8000 citizens, many of them terrorists, but many innocent, and even the ones who were terrorists should have deserved a fair trial. By doing that the military became terrorists themselves.

Two things were done in order to turn the military into something irrelevant, the first one was to put the people responsible for the crimes in jail be them Generals or soldiers obeying orders (they were put in jail in the 80s, forgiven in the 90s, and put back in jail the past decade) and the other was to diminish the budget of the military untill they become nothing more than glamorized cops.

So we have no chance of getting back the Falklands/Malvinas through war, also, the constitution which was reformed in 1994 says that Argentina will always reclaim the Islands, and intends to get them back according to international law, whatever that means, so military option is not considered, because it is impossible with the current army, and also because of the new constitution.
                          I need a foot massage

Comment

There should be some kind of drinking game involving DaShi posts containing "HC" and "Evidence." It's gotten to the point where his only contributions are to point out perceived issues with his and Zevico's posts.

Comment

is there gonna be another war? err slapfight?
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
                                Argentina almost doesn't have an army, we could not invade Uruguay, and would lose a war to Perú.

That happens because the military is one of the most unpopular and less prestigious institutions of the country.
                                Mainly because of the last dictatorship, which ruined our economy, and in which they killed and disappeared around 8000 citizens, many of them terrorists, but many innocent, and even the ones who were terrorists should have deserved a fair trial. By doing that the military became terrorists themselves.

Two things were done in order to turn the military into something irrelevant, the first one was to put the people responsible for the crimes in jail be them Generals or soldiers obeying orders (they were put in jail in the 80s, forgiven in the 90s, and put back in jail the past decade) and the other was to diminish the budget of the military untill they become nothing more than glamorized cops.

So we have no chance of getting back the Falklands/Malvinas through war, also, the constitution which was reformed in 1994 says that Argentina will always reclaim the Islands, and intends to get them back according to international law, whatever that means, so military option is not considered, because it is impossible with the current army, and also because of the new constitution.
                                You could probably sweep in and take them just like last time. The problem isn't taking them, it is keeping them.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X