• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If it is not big enough to eat you it is poisonous enough to kill you."
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
      Ah, leaving the sinking ship are we?
      I have been thinking about this for a while, but my latest project was a bit of an eye opener.

Comment

What's that about your latest project then?
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
          Yes, the Rio Tinto opportunities are. I still need to do a full sweep to see what my other options are if I don't want to go to Québec. (Still open)

Something to consider: as an immigrant family in Quebec your children will be educated in French. You have no choice. This may not be a big deal to you, but it is a large deal for some families who want their children to have more expertise in English.

Montreal is an awesome city though.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

holy shnikeys!
            they discovered life in canada?!
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs View Post
              What's that about your latest project then?
              Lifestyle comparison

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                Something to consider: as an immigrant family in Quebec your children will be educated in French. You have no choice. This may not be a big deal to you, but it is a large deal for some families who want their children to have more expertise in English.

Montreal is an awesome city though.
                Nous parlons assez bien le français mais l'anglais restera assez important dans l'éducation de ma fille.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava View Post
                  holy shnikeys!
                  they discovered life in canada?!
                  If I move, there will be

Comment

We are from the Dutch speaking part of Belgium. French is the second language. However, right now my daughter is dutch speaking.
                    One of B.C.'s ex-premiers was of Dutch origin- of course, he was Bill Van Der Zalm, which isn't much of a recommendation. However there are a fair few Dutch expatriates in B.C. and some proper Dutch pancake houses too.

The Canadian government used to sponsor French/English immersion courses if I recall, but in B.C. you'd be better off learning Cantonese or Mandarin...
                    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

I am NOT Dutch.

I am Flemish.

Comment

I am NOT Dutch.

I am Flemish.
                        You are picky!

I know, but I was thinking linguistically at first, then I remembered the stunningly good Dutch pancake I ate before going walking near Whistler... I do like Dutch food, but I like waterzooi too.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

If you move to Canada you can enjoy ethnic food from home:Click image for larger version

Name:	OldDutch-PC-SV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	9092678
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                            You should move to Australia instead. It has a well-developed mining industry, warm weather and superb diving opportunities.
                            I'm not going to do it but there have been some very attractive job openings for geologists in Australia recently. Just a four year degree and 3 years experience required and you get a salary of $175,000.

Monster is your source for jobs and career opportunities. Search for jobs, read career advice from Monster's job experts, and find hiring and recruiting advice.
                            Last edited by Dinner; January 15, 2012, 11:58.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom View Post
                              You are picky!

I know, but I was thinking linguistically at first, then I remembered the stunningly good Dutch pancake I ate before going walking near Whistler... I do like Dutch food, but I like waterzooi too.
                              Flemish cuisine is one of the best in the world. FACT !

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                I'm not going to do it but there have been some very attractive job openings for geologists in Australia recently. Just a four year degree and 3 years experience required and you get a salary of $175,000.

http://jobview.monster.com/Geologist...105012279.aspx
                                Yeah, in mining it is crazy these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X