Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ming
    replied
    I think I need to rethink my list

    INTERESTED? HELL YES!

    Leave a comment:


  • ColdWizard
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

    Is there still enough interest to carry this abomination forward another year?
    My list is almost ready.

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    Interested = yes

    Leave a comment:


  • embalmer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

    Is there still enough interest to carry this abomination forward another year?


    I'm game (hopefully I can be on time this year).

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    People will die in the coming year. Why should it be for nothing?

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    I think I've actually found a use for the '...thank you ...for the useful post" - sign up ^.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    It's getting close to that time again. If there is to be a 2013 edition of the Dead Pool prep work will need to be done and a signup posted within a couple weeks...

    Is there still enough interest to carry this abomination forward another year?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Originally posted by SlowwHand View Post
    Wezil couldn't harvest a good pissed off if his life depended on it. He doesn't have it in him. Wezil, hire me. I'll get pissed off for you, and I'm cheap.
    That is the rumour.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Larry Hagman was 81 and a unique pick for Ming (20).

    = (171 - 20) + (100 - 81) + 25

    = 195 points


    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site
    Checking the thread is easy enough, it's the updates that take time. I'm aiming for monthly.

    Leave a comment:


  • SlowwHand
    replied
    Wezil couldn't harvest a good pissed off if his life depended on it. He doesn't have it in him. Wezil, hire me. I'll get pissed off for you, and I'm cheap.

    Leave a comment:


  • embalmer42
    replied
    Originally posted by Ming View Post
    Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site


    Wezil has a hard time ignoring things that p**s him off. He'd rather get even.


    (But his at-times grumpy attitude can be forgiven simply for the amount of effort it takes to run The Dead pool )


    And congrat's Ming for finally hitting paydirt. One more and I think you will have caught up to me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ming
    replied
    Thanks... and just bookmark the thread and ignore the rest of the site

    Leave a comment:


  • Wezil
    replied
    Wezil is not in hiding. In fact he is quite visible at sites where the "Senior Staff" and moderators don't engage in baseless name calling and insults against the posters. As the Dead Pool is the only remaining thread of interest for me at Poly my appearances will be rather infrequent in the future. So long as this is okay with the players (and the above mentioned ambassadors for Poly don't drive me from this thread as well) I will continue to administer the pool. It's up to you guys to decide if if this is acceptable.


    Ming - Congrats on ending the long dry spell. I will update your points this weekend.

    Leave a comment:


  • Uncle Sparky
    replied
    (Wezil has gone into hiding believing Ming's success is a sign of the apocalypse.)

    Leave a comment:


  • -Jrabbit
    replied
    RIP sports union leader Marvin Miller, 95. He freed the slaves...

    Marvin Miller, the first executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, dead at 95 after year-long battle with cancer

    Under Miller's leadership as their union chief, the average players' salary went from $10,000 in 1967 to $329,000 by 1984 while the minimum salary increased from $6,000 to $40,000.

    Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2DRJBfriH

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X