The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
    2012 has not been a good year for aging disco stars.

I'll sort it out tomorrow morning. GoT awaits...

Some people should really learn to sort out their priorities.
    If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

• Eugene Polley died today - he invented the Flash-Matic in the 50s, the 1st TV wireless remote. Couch Potatoes would not exist without this man!

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...s-television-r
      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• They included that on the FRONT PAGE of the Wall Street Journal this morning... granted, just a sentence, but it was there
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Another one of the all-time greats has passed. RIP, Doc...

Doc Watson, Folk Musician, Dies at 89
          By WILLIAM GRIMES
          Published: May 29, 2012

Doc Watson, the guitarist and folk singer whose flat-picking style elevated the acoustic guitar to solo status in bluegrass and country music, and whose interpretations of traditional American music profoundly influenced generations of folk and rock guitarists, died on Tuesday in Winston-Salem, N.C. He was 89.

Mr. Watson, who had been blind since he was a year old, died in a hospital after recently undergoing abdominal surgery
          Mr. Watson’s flat-picking style elevated the acoustic guitar to solo status in bluegrass and country music, and his interpretations of traditional American music influenced generations of guitarists.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• The way this year is going, if I had just randomly picked a bunch of musicians, I might have scored my first "death" in years
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

• Question: How many points do you get if you die?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• Dying will earn you a 25 point penalty immediately +1 point penalty for every day you continue with the tactic.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Ah, so that was faded glory's plan.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• It's not even June and I'm starting to worry about this year's outcome. Seems I picked all the wrong musicians.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Slump season.

It happens to the best of them.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                        Slump season.

It happens to the best of them.
                        HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA... Some of us have had Slump seasons...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• We'd send you to the minors Ming but this is the minors.

Looks like we're stuck with you.

Comment

• My four hits are in my top six, so I'm doing disturbingly well.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• Originally posted by Ming View Post
                              HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA... Some of us have had Slump seasons...
                              I've only been playing this year but so far my slump season started on Jan 1st.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• My memory has me winning last year. This year as well, until I look at the scores again.
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X