The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another life shortened by disco.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• rip

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
        Another life shortened by disco.
        QFT RIP
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• About F'ing time... The world is a better place this morning.

The former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people has died, his brother said on Sunday. He was 59.

Abdel Basset al-Megrahi died at home after a long battle with cancer. His health had deteriorated quickly, his brother Abdulhakim told Reuters on Sunday.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Reuters is also reporting the death (based upon word of the family which I still have some difficulty with...). If he pops up alive again I'll amend the stats.

al-Megrahi was 60 (not 59 - the quoted report is incorrect) and a choice of 5 teams.

Krill (1): (171 - 1) + (100 - 60) = 210 points
            OzzyKP (3): 208 pts
            DaShi (5): 206 pts
            OFITG (12): 199 pts
            Wezil (17): 194 pts
            Last edited by Wezil; May 20, 2012, 10:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
              About F'ing time... The world is a better place this morning.

The former Libyan intelligence officer convicted of the 1988 Lockerbie bombing that killed 270 people has died, his brother said on Sunday. He was 59.

Abdel Basset al-Megrahi died at home after a long battle with cancer. His health had deteriorated quickly, his brother Abdulhakim told Reuters on Sunday.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2438475/
              Good riddance, arsehole!
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• He should have died 6 months ago to give me that god damn grand slam.
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Another senseless disco-related death:

Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, 62, has died of cancer.

Robin Gibb, one of three brothers who made up the disco group the Bee Gees, died on Sunday, according to a statement on his website.

I believe Wezil and Bugs score.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Does this mean John Travolta is next?
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• I demand someone on my list die!
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Oh, man, I didn't catch the news of Sendak's death... RIP Maurice, Donna, and Robin
                        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                          Another senseless disco-related death:
                          2012 has not been a good year for aging disco stars.

Robin Gibb of the Bee Gees, 62, has died of cancer.

Robin Gibb, one of three brothers who made up the disco group the Bee Gees, died on Sunday, according to a statement on his website.

I believe Wezil and Bugs score.
                          I may have hit a Daily Double as well.

I'll sort it out tomorrow morning. GoT awaits...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                            I demand someone on my list die!
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• I think Wezil & OFITG both hit the daily double!
                              There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• Four teams predicted Mr. Gibb (aged 62) wouldn't be Stayin' Alive past 2012:

OFITG (1): (171 - 1) + (100 - 62) + 50 (Daily Double) = 258 points
                                ColdWizard (2): 207 points
                                Wezil (13): 246 points (Daily Double)
                                Bugs ****ing Bunny (14): 195 points

ColdWizard remains on top of the standings.

Comment

Working...
                                X