No announcement yet.

The 2012 Off Topic Celebrity Dead Pool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are a celebrity that would be your preferred way of getting removed from dead pool lists.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Reports of Joe Paterno's death surface, but there are some denials as well.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• His sons are refuting the death rumors but it does sound like Paterno took a turn for the worse.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I've never heard of this person. She deserves to be outlawed because of that.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Who?

Comment

• Well, that was quick.

State College, Pennsylvania (CNN) -- Joe Paterno, whose tenure as the most successful coach in major college football history ended abruptly in November amid allegations that he failed to respond forcefully enough to a sex abuse scandal involving a former assistant, died Sunday, a family spokesman said. He was 85.

Joe Paterno, the legendary former coach at Penn State, died Sunday, his family said. He was 85.

Comment

• Joe Paterno was 85 and a choice of two players.

Guynemer (3) = (171 - 3) + (100 - 85) = 183 points

SlowwHand (8) - 178 points.

Guynemer takes the lead and sets himself up for future bonus points.
                Last edited by Wezil; January 22, 2012, 20:02.

Comment

• holy ****!

I think this is the first time I've ever been in first place; two in a week. Took me nearly all year last year to get two.

Comment

• BRAGGART!
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• RIP, Etta James.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                        holy ****!

I think this is the first time I've ever been in first place; two in a week. Took me nearly all year last year to get two.
                        I was in first place for all of two days.

The fame and glory was nice while it lasted.

Comment

• Have we ever had a 'hat trick'?
                          There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• No, not yet. I had a daily double (M Jackson and F Fawcett).

Comment

• That actually raises a question. Now, the odds of this are slim to none, but...

can a daily double overlap with another daily double? If you had three go on the same day, would you get a DD for #1 & #2, and another for #2 & #3, and yet another for #1 & #3? Same question regarding hat trick and grand slam; if I had one go on the 1st, the 4th, and the 7th; I'd get a HT. If I then had one go on the 9th, would I get another HT?

Comment

• We had a similar question not long ago. My ruling:

You can claim as many daily doubles and weekly triples as you can muster (without reusing a celeb on each - a double celeb can play into a triple) but only one grand slam per month regardless of the extent of the carnage.

Comment

Working...
                                X