Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Defenders of Gondolin were Insular Upper-Class Snobs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Defenders of Gondolin were Insular Upper-Class Snobs.

"Oooh, look at me, I live in Gondolin! I'm too good to be out there fighting Morgoth with the rest of you schmucks, I'll just hide in here and live the easy life where he can't find me for centuries. Then later I'll dress myself up as some kind of hero."

Geez, what a bunch of douchebags.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Very true.

Maeglin

Comment

Fingolfin was my favorite. Knew how to call a ***** out.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Fingolfin was indeed an utter badass. It's too bad Turgon didn't turn out more like his father.

Comment

I don't know, Maeglin was a little too goth-angsty for me. "What, I can't screw my cousin? Man, I'm sick of SOCIETY and its RULES!"
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Put yourself in his shoes. Sure, wanting to hump your cousin is a little gross, but it's happened a fair amount through history and it's really not that big a deal. It's fine that Idril wasn't into it, but instead of being flattered and uncomfortable like a normal person, she decided to straight up despise Maeglin just because he had the hots for her. Then, this stuck up ***** goes and gets knocked up by someone of a different species, yet still tries to maintain the high and mighty act. Serious, **** her. The **** deserved what she got.

Comment

Nerds.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I have no idea what this thread is about, and I am one nerdy son of a *****.
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I believe it is Lord of the Rings related. Though I'm not 100% sure.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I googled Gondolin and got some lords of the ring thing.
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Pfft. The "Lord of the Rings" was but a servant of the Black Foe of the World.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                        The fall of Gondolin was a foundational part of Tolkien's mythology.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I will assume that this is some kind of Lord of the Rings reference which I am not dorky enough to get.

EDIT: I based this post on the first two posts in his thread. I'm glad to see I was correct.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

<- also in the "not dorky enough to get it" box

Comment

liar
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum