X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Jordan shoes cause riots

and http://www.bangstyle.com/2011/12/rio...w-air-jordans/

Feel the at christmas!
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Time to dig up some old quotes now

“A really efficient totalitarian state would be one in which the all-powerful executive of political bosses and their army of managers control a population of slaves who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude.” ― Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Amazing they all have cellphones ... and 200 dollar shoes.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

where are white people in that clip?
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave View Post
          where are white people in that clip?
          the harry potter store is around the corner.

Comment

At work.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like how she couldn't even stop eating chips long enough to do a television interview.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I thought this would be about some Jordanian airline, and muslims rioting because they had given high heeled shoes to the flight attendants.
                I need a foot massage

Comment

How strange that people should be so much affected by an advertising campaign that they struggle against others to buy very expensive stuff they really don't need. My everyday footwear cost about $1 a pair and lasts for about a year. Expensive footwear for my son to wear to school costs about $10.50. To pay more than that would just be ridiculous.

Comment

$1/pair shoes?

Yeah the **** right. What do you wear? Flip-flops?

I bought work shoes on sale at Wal-Mart one time for ~$2.50 and within a week of wearing them at work, they literally fell apart. The glue connecting the sole to the shoe disappeared and the shoes were in tatters. Never again will I buy a shoe that cheap.

$40-$100 is appropriate for fashion shoes. I'll pay a little more for running shoes and dress shoes. Go find me good dress shoes under $100.

And what are you doing John Wall? You advertise zigtechs:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Anyway, you have to understand sneaker heads don't care about shoes as a practical thing. Sneakers mean more than that. It's aesthetics and people collect Jordans; they are sneaker enthusiasts. Think of it as a hobby.

Is it financially unsound? Yes. But so are a lot of other habits and collecting that people do.

"I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                        $1/pair shoes?

Yeah the **** right. What do you wear? Flip-flops?
                        By far the best footwear in the tropics

Though I'd recommend a slightly higher end model that might run you $2.50 or so. The higher quality contoured soles really pay off in the long run.

Comment

Those people aren't collecting the shoes. They are going to wear them.

If we're comparing shoes, I own 5 pairs:

1) Loafers for work, 275$
                          2) Running shoes (only for actual running) 120$
                          3) Same make of running shoes, with 500 miles on them, for use in tennis or any other sports 120$
                          4) General purpose nice casual shoes 80$
                          5) Beachwear/supercasual shoes 25$
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Anyway, you have to understand sneaker heads don't care about shoes as a practical thing. Sneakers mean more than that. It's aesthetics and people collect Jordans; they are sneaker enthusiasts. Think of it as a hobby.

Is it financially unsound? Yes. But so are a lot of other habits and collecting that people do.

Gotta wonder about a guy who categorizes their Playboy right next to Garbage Pail Kids. (The dolls might be a little sticky... does that hurt their value?)

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                              Those people aren't collecting the shoes. They are going to wear them.

If we're comparing shoes, I own 5 pairs:

1) Loafers for work, 275$
                              2) Running shoes (only for actual running) 120$
                              3) Same make of running shoes, with 500 miles on them, for use in tennis or any other sports 120$
                              4) General purpose nice casual shoes 80$
                              5) Beachwear/supercasual shoes 25$
                              Of course they're going to wear them. They're not rich ****s who can wrap them in plastic and make a museum out of them! But I guarantee you the real sneaker heads will wear them but also keep them forever. I know a lot of guys with dozens of pairs of high-end Nikes that they've kept since high school.

Comment

Working...
                              X