No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also you said that you are just pointing out silly things I say which is evidently false. You're clearly arguing with me. You just aren't making sense. That's what you keep accusing yourself of. Now I see your point. But of course by your own words that doesn't make sense, which I have to admit I don't really understand.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Are you saying that by saying that by not making sense you are making sense?

Comment

• Also, if Imran is going to explain what you said, which you said doesn't make sense then you are also accusing Imran of not making sense (lying).

Comment

• Okay, I see three possibilities here:

1. You're actually as dumb as you're acting here.
          2. You understand what I'm actually saying, but are deliberately misreading it under the mistaken belief that this is somehow clever, along the lines of kids who say "How many fingers am I holding up? Five? No, it's four fingers and a thumb HA HA HA!"
          3. You share AAHZ's conception of trolling, wherein you act like a cretin and then gloat when people tell you you're acting like a cretin.

At present, I'm leaning towards 2, with possibly a hint of 1. But I'm not sure. Please specify so we can more forward to the next exciting installation of this discussion. Alternatively, does anybody else want to join in? This is pretty monotonous.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
            If you're going to argue with Kid seriously instead of just poking and laughing like I do, you might also mention Romans and its many variations on mankind not being saved by obedience to the Law, which exists only to condemn, not to save.
            He would ignore it any how. The Bible is to be read literally, except when it isn't.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran is still trying to talk sense to you.
              I think the main reason I still am is that I don't want people to say Christians don't make any sense or get aggressive when confronted with truths and then point to Kid as the reason they are saying that. I want to either a) help to bring Kid to the light so he doesn't continue acting this way and giving Christ followers a bad name (and therefore give Jesus Christ a bad name among others) or b) show people that not all Christians believe in Kid's claptrap by showing him the lengthy disagreements I have had with him on the same issues they are having disagreements with him - in this way helping to perhaps plant a seed within them.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Okay, I see three possibilities here:

2. You understand what I'm actually saying, but are deliberately misreading it under the mistaken belief that this is somehow clever, along the lines of kids who say "How many fingers am I holding up? Five? No, it's four fingers and a thumb HA HA HA!"
                3. You share AAHZ's conception of trolling, wherein you act like a cretin and then gloat when people tell you you're acting like a cretin.

At present, I'm leaning towards 2, with possibly a hint of 1. But I'm not sure. Please specify so we can more forward to the next exciting installation of this discussion. Alternatively, does anybody else want to join in? This is pretty monotonous.
                Hmmm... Yeah I understand what your saying. You're saying that you're lying. So when you say anything to contradict that that's just a lie. But when you said you were lying you must have been telling the truth. The only issue is that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                  He would ignore it any how. The Bible is to be read literally, except when it isn't.
                  Then why don't you believe that God made the rules in there and that you should try to follow them?

Comment

I think the main reason I still am is that I don't want people to say Christians don't make any sense or get aggressive when confronted with truths and then point to Kid as the reason they are saying that. I want to either a) help to bring Kid to the light so he doesn't continue acting this way and giving Christ followers a bad name (and therefore give Jesus Christ a bad name among others) or b) show people that not all Christians believe in Kid's claptrap by showing him the lengthy disagreements I have had with him on the same issues they are having disagreements with him - in this way helping to perhaps plant a seed within them.
                    Am I breaking any rules? Are you? Who made those rules? Are you making sense?

Comment

I don't know if there's anything you can do to budge him on A. I was worried about B myself, but everyone here seems pretty clear that Kid is a believer in "new and improved Kidism with a dash of Jesus and Kierkegaard sauce," rather than Christianity. Still, I could be wrong, so you may as well keep trying if you feel up to it.
                      1011 1100

Comment

• The only people who think that Kidicious is a True Christian are the willfully ignorant (e.g. Albie) or deluded/idiotic (e.g. Kidicious)
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Okay, I see three possibilities here:

I think you are missing an obvious 4th option (top of my list).

It's been pretty clear for a couple hundred posts now.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Well, don't keep us in suspense...
                            1011 1100

Comment

I don't know if there's anything you can do to budge him on A. I was worried about B myself, but everyone here seems pretty clear that Kid is a believer in "new and improved Kidism with a dash of Jesus and Kierkegaard sauce," rather than Christianity. Still, I could be wrong, so you may as well keep trying if you feel up to it.
                              We can always have hope as it pertains to A. And when we stop combating is when people start saying we agree (or at least some disingenious folk who may influence others). Though he is tiring in his seemingly deliberate attempts to completely miss the point.

Comment

• I totally get the point. You claim to read the Bible, but don't do anything it tells you to do because you believe God is not a rule maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X