No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wezil, I think it depends what's meant by "crazy." Crazy isn't really a technical term used by psychiatrists AFAIK. Now, "insane" is a legal term, signifying that the accused is incapable of rational thought and therefore not accountable for his/her actions. I believe he's entirely capable of thinking rationally in this case (and others); he just chooses not to for a number of reasons, most of which I believe ultimately stem from self-love.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I've never known anyone who lies like you. I hope I never do. May God have mercy on your soul.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Wezil, I think it depends what's meant by "crazy." Crazy isn't really a technical term used by psychiatrists AFAIK. Now, "insane" is a legal term, signifying that the accused is incapable of rational thought and therefore not accountable for his/her actions. I believe he's entirely capable of thinking rationally in this case (and others); he just chooses not to for a number of reasons, most of which I believe ultimately stem from self-love.
        I use it in the sense that if he were a friend or relative of mine I'd be asking him to "Seek help".

A layman's definition to be sure.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          I've never known anyone who lies like you. I hope I never do. May God have mercy on your soul.
          Your confessions to all these things are still there if you haven't edited them. You're just in denial. Studies have shown this to be a common side-effect of interspecies relationships, particularly where ungulates are concerned.
          1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
            I use it in the sense that if he were a friend or relative of mine I'd be asking him to "Seek help".

A layman's definition to be sure.
            Okay, by that definition, yeah. But that definition would also include alcoholics, the depressed and others who still have a reasonable grasp on reality.
            1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
              No, you don't get it. If you're alluding to something that you say I said, and neither I nor anybody else has any recollection of my writing such a thing (or of their reading it), then it behooves you to prove it by citing. If not, you have no cause to complain when you are treated as a liar or a nut. Especially given your history of drastically misinterpreting/distorting others' arguments. And if you don't believe that, you said you believe Jesus was a cybernetic unicorn. Where? It doesn't matter, I think you said it and therefore I don't have to say where!
              This is remarkably similar to a discussion between myself and Ben a few years ago that ultimately led to his introduction to my ignore list.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

I've never known anyone who lies like you. I hope I never do. May God have mercy on your soul.
                I ****ing love Elok. He is a credit to his upbringing, his nation, his species, and (least of all, probably) this website. He is intelligent, funny, open-minded, fair-minded, sincere in his beliefs, etc. etc.

You, on the other hand, enjoy tubgiraffe.

Comment

• Say hello to my ignore list Guynemer. You had your chance to post something intelligent but failed miserably.

Comment

• Oh heavens, whatever will I do.

Comment

• It's bizarre that he wouldn't put Elok (The Worst Person In The World) on his ignore list, unless he just enjoys reminding Elok that he's The Worst Person In The World
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Agreed, most puzzling. But, one must imagine that he can't focus entirely on this discussion, what with giraffe balls constantly slapping his chin.

Comment

Do you or don't you believe that it's a sin to falsly accuse people of having sex with animals? I seem to remember you saying that you believe it's a sin, not that I've ever done such a thing myself. Personally I think it's absolutely horrible behavior.
                          having sex with animals or falsely accusing someone of having sex with animals?

Comment

• It's absurd how he denies it, when he's put stuff like this up (from our last Poetry Thread):

Artiodactylicious
                            By Kidicious

There's a part of me that always grieves
                            I'm not a tree, to feed you leaves
                            A part of me that ever begs
                            To oil-massage your bony legs.
                            I'd gladly scoop up all your dung
                            For just one taste of your long, strong tongue.
                            I'd even dare my soul to wreck
                            To kiss all down your long long neck,
                            Your shoulder-spots, your sloping back--
                            You're rejecting me? Oh, you hack!
                            Really, all this denial sounds more and more like a cry for help.
                            1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Berzerker View Post
                              having sex with animals or falsely accusing someone of having sex with animals?
                              A false witness like that is the worse sin.

Comment

• Unless your username is Kidicious, in which case lying is a-ok
                                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                                X