No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I've said there any many places where rules are stated that you two morons haven't read.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Anyone can SKIM the epustles and see exactly how full of **** these two clowns are.

Comment

• Is cursing allowed by your God who desires his people to follow rules like automatons?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• What rules? The substantial majority of the OT consists of historical narrative or prophecy, which don't contain rules as such any more than Genesis contains Eve showing off for the snake. The part that does consist of rules, ie the Law, contains many rules which I imagine you don't follow any more than we do, because most of them are either:

A. Dietary laws and other customs abolished by the Jerusalem Council in Acts--eating pork and shellfish, mixing types of fabric, rules of slaughter and the like;
          B. Rules governing the correct mode of worship and temple setup, which were replaced by Christian forms--how many golden cherubim are in your church?
          C. Property codes pertaining to slavery/indentured servitude, polygamy/concubines, the jubilee and other institutions which no longer exist;
          D. Injunctions against forms of worship concerning other deities, which you necessarily obey by default because nobody has practiced said forms of worship for at least 2000 years. I, for one, have never been the slightest bit tempted to plant a tree as an idol (or adjunct to idol-worship) outside my church.

Also you don't practice any of the OT punishments (I assume), nor push for them to implemented (I hope). As for the remaining portions of the Law (which form a scant minority), the Sermon on the Mount and Christ's several years of excoriating the Pharisees pretty well put paid to a strict, legalistic interpretation of such things. Not to mention, yet again, the letter to the Romans.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I should call you much worse. You and Elok are seriously ****ed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              Anyone can SKIM the epustles and see exactly how full of **** these two clowns are.
              Cite a single example.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Pardon me if I don't believe you. This, though, is the first time you've ever mentioned your reading in I don't know how many times of being asked.
                I was the one who kept asking him, and I was "trolling" him so he ignored me

He also refused to speak to his minister about his "Bible = God" belief (which he now seems to have abandoned)
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• My God, Jesus, called into questions rules, such as the ones that observant Jews followed but their hearts weren't fully invested in God. He smacks down the Levites and the priests for ignoring a dying man on the side of the road because under the "rules" he was considered unclean. He hangs out with lepers, allows prostitutes to wash His feet, allows a woman with a constant menstration issue to touch the hem of His robe, even though with the "rules" those are all unclean actions. Because rules are not what God wants, He wants your heart and your love for Him as well as others. You need to break away from this "rule" base mindset and take a step towards God. All you are right now, Kid, is a Jew for Jesus. Become a Christian and love God with all your heart, mind, and soul, and love your neighbor as yourself.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                    What rules? The substantial majority of the OT consists of historical narrative or prophecy, which don't contain rules as such any more than Genesis contains Eve showing off for the snake. The part that does consist of rules, ie the Law, contains many rules which I imagine you don't follow any more than we do, because most of them are either:

A. Dietary laws and other customs abolished by the Jerusalem Council in Acts--eating pork and shellfish, mixing types of fabric, rules of slaughter and the like;
                    B. Rules governing the correct mode of worship and temple setup, which were replaced by Christian forms--how many golden cherubim are in your church?
                    C. Property codes pertaining to slavery/indentured servitude, polygamy/concubines, the jubilee and other institutions which no longer exist;
                    D. Injunctions against forms of worship concerning other deities, which you necessarily obey by default because nobody has practiced said forms of worship for at least 2000 years. I, for one, have never been the slightest bit tempted to plant a tree as an idol (or adjunct to idol-worship) outside my church.

Also you don't practice any of the OT punishments (I assume), nor push for them to implemented (I hope). As for the remaining portions of the Law (which form a scant minority), the Sermon on the Mount and Christ's several years of excoriating the Pharisees pretty well put paid to a strict, legalistic interpretation of such things. Not to mention, yet again, the letter to the Romans.
                    I never said I believed in legalism. But then you admit to being a liar. That includes false witness. You really are creepy.

Again you haven't read the Bible. You may have read things about the Bible that are false, but you haven't read the Bible.

Comment

• YYou don't know how much I love God Imran, you horses ass. Jesus said "if you love me you will obey my commands." But I figure you didn't read that part.

Comment

• But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. -Matthew 5:22

I guess Kidicious read this several times and concluded that calling someone a "horses ass" is different.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. -Matthew 5:22

I guess Kidicious read this several times and concluded that calling someone a "horses ass" is different.
                          You idiot!! How can you think that Elok and Imran are Kid's brothers when their so stupid and think the Bible is lies? I cant believe you admit to lying by saying they are brothers like that. You you don't even believe in God so you don't understand what this quote is saying!!
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                            But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire. -Matthew 5:22

The problem of the legalist, how can we conclude all are rules to be followed, and try to get around those rules at the same time (sounds like what Jesus condemned the Pharisees for, to be honest).

Comment

• He's obviously lying when he says that he's read the Bible. "I read the Bible when I was a Communist i.e. when I believed that the Bible was the opiate of the masses" is tantamount to admitting that he's never read the Bible.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

• Btw, Kid, you are quoting John. So lets bring the successive verses down:

John 14:15-18
                                15“If you love me, you will obey what I command. 16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will bec in you. 18I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
                                Jesus, as he states earlier, has two commands to love God with all your heart, mind, and soul and to love your neighbor as yourself. We are to follow those commands through the Spirit which Jesus sends to help us understand how to love in the way He desires.

Comment

Working...
                                X