No announcement yet.

Pros and Cons of Proving God Exists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose one could make a logically consistant argument that the sun hasn't risen, but that doesn't mean anything. That is not to say that your argument is logical. You're simply demanding that I do something that there is no need for as it's already been done. Is that logical?
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• What, actually backing up what you say by linking to the evidence instead of waving your hand in the general direction and expecting the people accused to do your job for you? Well, that seems like a more intelligent course of action to me. I can't recall the last time I heard of a prosecutor saying, "Your honor, the defendant clearly murdered the woman. There's a knife in his house with her blood all over the blade and his bloody fingerprints on the handle. What, the police didn't find any such knife? Well, it's there to be found, so it's not my fault if you stupid jackasses didn't find it. Also the sun rises in the east, QED!"

If you weren't so addled by giraffe-lust, you would understand these things better...
      Last edited by Elok; January 1, 2012, 10:08. Reason: conflicting pronouns
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

• I don't expect you to do something that you've already done. That's your game. You've already prosecuted yourself. Therefore it doesn't need to be redone.

Comment

• No, you only need to prove the things you say if you expect them to hold any water at all, or to not be treated as an unusually deranged liar. If you only want to rub one out to your own supposed cleverness, you need no evidence. At least that's better than rubbing one out for an exotic camelid.
          1011 1100

Comment

• Surely gone fishing.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• I don't have to prove anything to a lunatic who contests facts as though he lives in another universe. Niether do I need to prosecute such a person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                Surely gone fishing.
                If you mean he's crazy, I'm still not sure. I think it's more a case of unremarkable intelligence mixing with fantastic egotism and augmented by stubbornness, pride and a passion for extreme ideology. That, and the giraffe-****ing.
                1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                  I don't have to prove anything to a lunatic who contests facts as though he lives in another universe. Niether do I need to prosecute such a person.
                  You can say what you like, but the truth is as plain as your "Where would I get a step ladder and ten gallons of acacia-flavored lube? I'm just asking" thread.
                  1011 1100

Comment

• Is that suppose to show people that you are a christian?

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      If you mean he's crazy, I'm still not sure. I think it's more a case of unremarkable intelligence mixing with fantastic egotism and augmented by stubbornness, pride and a passion for extreme ideology. That, and the giraffe-****ing.
                      Crazy and unremarkable intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.

Look to your following descriptors for evidence of my position.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Is that suppose to show people that you are a christian?
                        All this is just you dancing around the real issue, namely that it's not healthy for a neck of that length, or any length, to be bent double. Certainly not for such a purpose. Ugh.
                        1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil View Post
                          Crazy and unremarkable intelligence aren't mutually exclusive.

Look to your following descriptors for evidence of my position.
                          I admit the line is somewhat blurred in aggravated cases, but I'm inclined to be conservative. The rush to call him crazy is, I think, just our reluctance to face the unpleasant truth that he's not unique and lots of technically functioning people think the same way.
                          1011 1100

Comment

• Do you or don't you believe that it's a sin to falsly accuse people of having sex with animals? I seem to remember you saying that you believe it's a sin, not that I've ever done such a thing myself. Personally I think it's absolutely horrible behavior.

Comment

• How can you call it false, after you yourself posted the entry in your company's books on this site? We all saw it: "Custom-knitted ten-foot neck warmer, $800--marketing expense. Overnight stay, Holiday Inn, double-height ceiling suite, $164--business trip." After an indiscretion like that, it would be wrong for us to NOT intervene. C'mon, man, it's your job!

EDIT: It seems, after consulting Wikipedia, that giraffe necks are only five or six feet long. Is that why you're denying it? You're embarrassed that you bought too big of a neck-warmer?
                              Last edited by Elok; January 1, 2012, 16:52.
                              1011 1100

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                I admit the line is somewhat blurred in aggravated cases, but I'm inclined to be conservative. The rush to call him crazy is, I think, just our reluctance to face the unpleasant truth that he's not unique and lots of technically functioning people think the same way.
                                I'm not a head shrink in any way but I'd be surprised if there isn't some mental illness at work there.

Comment

Working...
                                X