Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I hate when I link to a story and it's a video.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate when I link to a story and it's a video.

I only want to read my news, I don't want to have to sit through a video on the subject, for these reasons:

1. It's less private. There's probably going to be sound and the moving image will attract unwanted attention. I might have to put on headphones and turn on the sound on my PC which is a drag.

2. To get the information, I have to sit through the whole video. I can't skim it for most relevant details and then go back through it to see how the writer structured the information (which is how I prefer to read.)

3. I like to make up my own funny voices for characters in a news story, maybe give the gruff cop a Sean Connery accent for instance. The video format takes all the wonder out of it.

Get back to work!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yeah. I hate that too. Thought I was the only one. Anyway, since you brought up Sean Connery:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Videos are only good to display mindless violence and sex scenes.
        Blah

Comment

I hate it too, video playback is disabled on work computers.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Al, you need to cut back on posting memes. We all have access to reddit.
            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              Al, you need to cut back on posting memes. We all have access to reddit.
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

I hate videos that autoplay. I often call up six or seven different articles on a topic at once, and if a video starts squawking I have to stop reading and search through the tabs to find the offender...and then, often there is no way to pause or stop it, except to close the tab.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                X