No announcement yet.

Office Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even more of a celebration for you then!

Though I am quite sure I celebrate Christmas slightly different than you do (there is the whole church thing) .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's basically Yule, Feasting from late December to early January.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
        Even more of a celebration for you then!

Though I am quite sure I celebrate Christmas slightly different than you do (there is the whole church thing) .
        Christmas is a celebration of the birth of Santa (c) Bart.
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

No, that was Tuesday

(St. Nicholas's Day)
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

The Saints days don't correspond to their birthdays do they? Their death days or "birth into heaven" days.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Some people are such creeps.

Have a few drinks, dance, and play whatever game they are playing.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                The Saints days don't correspond to their birthdays do they? Their death days or "birth into heaven" days.
                Well Christmas doesn't really correspond to a birthday either (Jesus was born in the fall if anything) .

Comment

Of course. So Santa's birthday could be Christmas for all we know.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

We celebrate St. Nicholas day with lots of chocolate, tangerines and presents for children, unless they've behaved badly in the past year. Way cooler than Christmas, with its marathon of family reunions, gift exchanging and drunk uncles
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                    X