Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Uh...no, actually.

Also, I'm not sure why you think I'm not living frugally; it's a relative concept.
    Al is confused about frugality and miserly.

Although I'd laugh really hard if you're like "I live frugally, I buy Glenlivet 12 year instead of the 18"
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

KH stimulating the economy. Rat bastard need to stop saving 100K/annum and spend more on table services and bars.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

No more coal for you, Cratchet!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post

Although I'd laugh really hard if you're like "I live frugally, I buy Glenlivet 12 year instead of the 18"
          I have a bottle of the 18 at home, actually. I guess I'm not frugal after all.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
            I have a bottle of the 18 at home, actually. I guess I'm not frugal after all.
            But compared to your peers at GS you are right?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
              Not really. More like wasting money out the ****ing ass. Do you know how much money you would have saved if you ate at home?

Just because you're making money doesn't mean you have to be a baller. You'd think someone like you wouldn't have a ghetto mentality.
              How the **** does he have a "ghetto mentality"? He makes way more money than you do, so obviously something you would consider a waste will seem reasonable to him.

Comment

the last magnetic swipe bar i had on a creditcard was 3 years ago. everything goes by PIN. except when using vintage machines outside europe. even then, i get a phone call half an hour later, where some bank employee asks me if i´m abroad.

usually i find it annoying - if i don´t pick up the phone for some reason, my creditcard is blocked, and i have to request a new one. only way to circumvent this is by letting them know *in advance* that i´ll be travelling. and i have a bunch of cards... of course, this prevents fraudulent transactions getting through, although i´m not too happy about all the false positives.

my newest creditcard has a PayPass - NFC wireless payment method. haven´t actually found a place where i can use it yet though.

Comment

Tuesday night meal: Whitehall (new place I've never been before about a 5 minute walk from my doorstep). Decor is 30s/40s industrial + botanical. Obviously inspired by Smith & Mills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	decor.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	9092311

Drinks: two gin + cucumber + mint cocktails plus a sparkling shiraz.

Name:	drink.jpg
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	9092312

Food: the chicken breast, the nightly special (lamb roast) and a side of fries w/hp sauce

Name:	menu.jpg
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	9092313

Total cost including tip and tax: 113$

Now, I could have prepared something half as good given 25$ and 1 hour (including cleanup time).

At 10pm on a Tuesday, the restaurant is a bargain by comparison.
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

$113 does seem like a lot to me for dinner; I suspect my dad rarely ever spends that much when he eats out.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

For a normal dinner I'm usually between 35$ and 120$ (for two, including drinks, tip and tax). Depends on the place, whether or not I'm drinking, etc.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                        How the **** does he have a "ghetto mentality"? He makes way more money than you do, so obviously something you would consider a waste will seem reasonable to him.
                        He's balling. Conspicuous consumption (he's posting about it on the internet, complete with receipts for freaking sakes!). And getting his credit card numbers stolen.
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144 View Post

I had Glenlivet once. I don't know how old it was, but it was the only single-malt scotch I've tasted and disliked. Rather intensely. Laphroiag's fine, Talisker's great, Glenfiddich, Macallan and Oban are nice to varying degrees. But man, that Glenlivet was foul.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Oooo! I had a nice Rack Of Lamb last night (main). We started with a dozen fresh oysters, and had Mushroom Risotto parmesan & Blue Cheese Potato Gratin as sides... and a few drinkies.
                            I paid $34... the gratuity.
                            As an actor, it's important to have gernerous friends.

Edit for above post -
                            The current open Scotch bottles in my residence are Dalwhinnie 15 yrs., Highland Park 12 yrs, and Crown Royal (which I give to guests). The unopen ones are Bowmore 12, Glenfiddich, and a bottle of Ballantine that was given to me as a joke.
                            My favourite is Highland Park 12.
                            Last edited by Uncle Sparky; November 30, 2011, 01:46.
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                              He's balling. Conspicuous consumption (he's posting about it on the internet, complete with receipts for freaking sakes!). And getting his credit card numbers stolen.
                              at just over a bill for dinner for two being "conspicuous consumption". This is New York, son. West Village. One block from the homes of 3 or 4 a-list celebs. Not your ****ing ghetto in philly.

My bar tab on Saturday was far higher than that, and I barely got a buzz on. This is consumption for the sake of consumption, not for the sake of conspicuousness, you twit. What good is money if you don't spend it on something you like?
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Alby must think you're just supposed to dump it all in a pool so you can roll around in it.

Which would actually be a tremendous act of charity
                                If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                                ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                                X