No announcement yet.

I turned down a job today-- mixed feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't generous if the overall package is less than what he's on now, and with less leave.

You don't move from a job you like, with colleagues you like for less money and less time off at an unknown place. Would be crazy.
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

This. If I change job there have to be very good reasons. Even in my last job change, I didn't really change jobs as such but certainly did very well out of it.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The one before that, the people who I worked with were cool but the management were terrible. The move was in the direction I wanted to go in (got me where I am now), more money...just a change in lifestyle (far more travel) but in all fairness, at this stage in my life I enjoy it.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          If they wanted you for GC they would have offered GC. Everything else is bull****.

Part of me felt this as well-- His song and dance on this was that for such a senior role they would want to really know the person and how they fit. The process before he offered me even what he offered me was surprisingly short but I think it was based on some recommendations from people the president guy trusted. I know if a company doesn't have a formal GC then the senior lawyer would start essentially doing the job anyway-- ITs not like I could ignore an important legal issue I saw because "that would be the role of a GC".
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Bottom line-- The decision wasn't hard to make. But I always will wonder a little about the path not taken etc etc.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

You always will, but you have to make the right decision at the time.
              Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Titles stopped impressing me a while ago. Show me the money!
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

1) Construction engineering
                  2) Italian

Sounds like you did the right thing.
                  In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

I saw some Italians sat outside a coffee shop having a blazing row. Then I remembered they were Italian and were in fact just having a gentle chat. I've seen Italians have blazing rows...I've almost hidden under the table.
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

My mother's side of the family is Italian (northern italian though), and my father's, french-swiss. Family gatherings are noticeably different
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I know, I worked in Italy (Naples) for 6 months. I say it affectionately though, they are passionate and lively and I had a great time. My next place was in Surrey and I f**king hated the miserable English bastards there (despite being English myself, I have serious mixed feelings about working with my fellow countrymen - in the past 4 years I have worked with Germans, Swiss, Mexicans, Turks and Italians and have had no problems - only the English have been tw*ts).
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                        X