Get in on the Mansion firesale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get in on the Mansion firesale

The following nine enormous homes started out with price tags that were even more enormous than they are now. All told, these properties have been reduced in price by more than $85 million. Click to see the following list of drastically discounted mansions.

Mansions marked down by over $5 million to almost affordable levels. Don't miss out.

But seriously, who would want that first house? A house with all glass walls? WTF?
    Flash Games|Play free Games

Throwing rocks would be out of the question

Comment

Hideous.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The one with 16.5 bathrooms might be enough for Kuci and HC. I would be interested in the Malibu one if I could get a job in the LA area.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

To each his own. I like the house with all glass walls. Perhaps they forgot to make them electrochromatic for privacy, however.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Letting it all hang out, eh?
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I cross-edited you.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Perhaps what is giving buyers pause is the lack of privacy, particularly with the showers that have clear glass walls to outside (pictured here).
                Steve Hermann lived in it but soon decided to sell after the birth of his daughter.
                Gee I wonder why.
                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
                  I cross-edited you.
                  DanSed, perhaps?
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, I have no preference for higher than average bathroom-per-resident houses.
                    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                      Gee I wonder why.
                      ? because now that he has a kid he's not having as much sex anymore... which totally ruins the whole "show off to the neighbors" aspect of the house...

Comment

No.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                          Contrary to popular belief, I have no preference for higher than average bathroom-per-resident houses.
                          Uh huh. And just what exactly do you believe the average is?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
                            No.
                            I don't think you're understanding the mindset which leads one to build an all glass house in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                              The one with 16.5 bathrooms might be enough for Kuci and HC. I would be interested in the Malibu one if I could get a job in the LA area.
                              I just have to make do with 3. I wonder if I have a higher bathroom to resident ratio than Kuci/HC. Being the sole inhabitant, I am at 3:1
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X