No announcement yet.

Why Ben Absolutely Must be Released from his Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pssht. Enforce the bet when/if BK comes back in April. Let us enjoy the peace and quiet in the meantime. Anyway, Che beat you to it; BK had a Helen Keller quote praising communism in his sig for a month at one point, I think because he predicted McCain would win by a landslide. Wasn't all that exciting.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
      By Jesus.
      By jingo.

Buy pork bellies.
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Pssht. Enforce the bet when/if BK comes back in April. Let us enjoy the peace and quiet in the meantime. Anyway, Che beat you to it; BK had a Helen Keller quote praising communism in his sig for a month at one point, I think because he predicted McCain would win by a landslide. Wasn't all that exciting.
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

This doesn't matter. Ben lost an avatar bet last year over hockey and only wore it a short time, far less than what was agreed to.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Why wasn't he banned for that?

Comment

What you should do is make a bet with him where if he loses he has to change his avatar to a dickgirl and make his signature a death threat against loin.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

he's banned till april?

jesus

what will the sports forum be without him and al b arguing over football?

he must have been a very bad boy, what did he do?

Comment

acted like AAHZ... and failed.
                  Order of the Fly
                  Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    This preexisting commitment should overturn the ban. Avatar and sig bets represent all that is good and pure about Poly, and should be treated with the utmost respect. Bans on the other hand have almost nothing to do with Poly, and should be banned.

It's kinda like that Simpsons episode where Homer sells his soul to the devil for a donut, but the agreement is revoked because Marge really owns the soul. (Well, ok, not like that at all really, but it's a good episode.)
                    I don't think it would be appropriate for Poly to ban things, including banning bans. I'm sure you will agree that Poly couldn't ban banning bans either.

Comment

It won't be hard to get Ben to bet on something else that he's certainly be wrong about.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                      X