No announcement yet.

Travel to Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I love Peru, of course, but Lima's beaches aren't the best and I haven't been to the ones farther north (which are supposed to be awesome). I rather liked Arica, Chile for the one day we stayed there on border run; one of those beach towns that exist in a perpetual state of sunny drowsiness. Its two claims to fame are good surfing and being the driest town in the world--in terms of rain. It basically never rains there. Not dry at all in terms of booze.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Mombasa
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Well, I love Peru, of course, but Lima's beaches aren't the best and I haven't been to the ones farther north (which are supposed to be awesome). I rather liked Arica, Chile for the one day we stayed there on border run; one of those beach towns that exist in a perpetual state of sunny drowsiness. Its two claims to fame are good surfing and being the driest town in the world--in terms of rain. It basically never rains there. Not dry at all in terms of booze.
        The Water is very cold in Chile, in Peru it is also very cold, all because of the Humboldt current. But if it wasnt because of that current Lima would not be as temperate as it is.
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Lima is a funny place...so much cloud and fog, yet not a drop ever seems to touch the ground
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Oh yeah, and take no notice of Slowwhand, he doesn't know what he is on about. He's just belligerant towards his old masters
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

**** Mexico. Go to St. Lucia.
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                Thank you, Oerdin.

Are there certain regions that are safer than others? Where is the drug war going horribly wrong?

I like the alligator moat idea.
                As someone else mentioned the cartels mostly operate in the north near the US border but a very large number of cartel foot soldiers seem to come from Sinoloa state as it is mostly poor and rural with a high poverty rate. I've been to Sinaloa (Mazatlan is pretty nice though not as good as other resort towns as it is smaller and there is less to do) and even there you can do pretty much what ever you want in safely as long as you follow common sense and don't go looking for trouble.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer View Post
                  **** Mexico. Go to St. Lucia.
                  St. Lucia doesn't have pyriamids or ancient ruins. Still, I would mind going there though I'd definately put Costa Rica on his short list of places to visit just because the place is so ****ing amazing with so much to do (not to mention the women are hot and slutty ).
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, Chichen Itza is impressive, but I think I was more impressed by Teotihuacan myself...
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                      Lima is a funny place...so much cloud and fog, yet not a drop ever seems to touch the ground
                      The fog is a winter thing. We're supposed to be headed for three straight months of warm, sunny days. Looking forward to it.
                      1011 1100

Comment

Really? I was in Lima for most of last November...is it different at other times of year? I don't remember seeing any sunshine. It drove the Brazilian guys on the project insane. As a Northern Englishman...cloudy all the time, about 20C...it was quite agreeable
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

I have no idea what 20C is and I'm too lazy to convert (in my head...60 Fahrenheit or so?), but the weather is already changing. Half the days are warm and sunny, including today, and the other half are simply overcast instead of the garua gloom we had from June through September. But even when there was garua, it was entirely tolerable. Certainly better than the MD summer...yuk.
                          1011 1100

Comment

20C = (32 + 36)F = 68F

Comment

Yeah, that's about right for a Lima winter. So it's 32 + 1.8C? I was thinking it was 1.6, probably because of the mile-km conversion...
                              1011 1100

Comment

Welcome to the modern world
                                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Working...
                                X