No announcement yet.

Proof of lack of criminal record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that they do for some jobs that I apply to, and maybe even for the university entrance?

But for all my recent jobs, I am almost certain they did not.

Of the jobs, the one they most likely would have done a background check for is the forestry service job.

JM
    (The jobs that is, not the university entrance)
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I think you are just unaware of it being done.

I can't fathom why a company wouldn't do them, unless they enjoy hiring convicts and want to be liable for any criminal activity that occurs while you are engaged with the functions of the job.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

It very well may be that the university checks for criminal record when you apply....

But also, I heard that at my previous lab one of the scientists served time, and when he got out he was back at work.

The only jobs that I consider to apply to are ones that seem to do background checks are ones where security/etc is a concern.

It is sort of assumed that anyone who has 'criminal activity' problems would not get a decent recommendation/etc.

JM
        Last edited by Jon Miller; October 20, 2011, 12:07.
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
        X