Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On Jury Duty, but how can I get the plaintiff's number?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    I would sound like a ****ing dumbass if I talked like that.
    You know you sound like a ****ing dumbass when you post here right?
    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
    We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
      Well, for starters, there's basically no way to contact her without either breaking the law or coming across as incredibly creepy.
      How is this even an either - or statement?
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
        I hate the way you all suggest I speak to women. I would sound like a ****ing dumbass if I talked like that.
        Speer: I'm so bad at talking to females!!! What do I do?!?!

Apolyton: Follow our advice.

Speer: Your advice is stupid I'll just keep doing what I have been doing instead!!!
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Just to be clear, I do not recommend trying to contact that girl. But hey, Columbus did something mad weird and stupid and look what he did.
          Got the ball rolling on the death and / or enslavement of a continent full of innocent people?

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
            How is this even an either - or statement?
            Well, I don't know the law that well. It's possible that if he waits long enough after the trial he could avoid the legal repercussions and merely come across as incredibly creepy. As far as I know. But I should have made that an and/or at the very least, you're right.

Oh, and Al? There are absolutely no circumstances under which this woman would not be crazy to even give you the time of day. If she loses, you're to blame and she won't want you. If she wins, a romantic entanglement with you is pretty clear grounds for a mistrial, at least from where I'm standing. She'll probably flip out that you're even contacting her at all, unless she's got a mental age of three and her lawyer does everything for her.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Alternatively, you could stand up in court, address the Judge, and say, "I ask to be dismissed from this jury because the plaintiff is just too hot for me to remain impartial."
              Given that his ability to remain impartial is oh-so-obviously-blown in this thread, it might even be the best course at this point.

Comment

1. Albie contacts Plaintiff
                2. Plaintiff tells her lawyer
                3. Plaintiff's lawyer tells judge
                4. Judge dismisses Albie from jury and sends him to prison for a term that means he misses next Marines intake.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Win-win!
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Only if they don't have interwebs in jail
                    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

• Originally posted by Elok View Post
                      While you ignored it when loin said it, and Cockney agreed, and then when I repeated it, I think I will repeat it again: THIS IS A BAD IDEA. What kind of FUBAR basis is this for the start of a relationship, anyway?
                      Originally posted by Kuciwalker View Post
                      QFT. A thousand times QFT.
                      Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                      QUOTED FOR MEGA ****ING TRUTH

Oh what a bunch of sticks in the mud. I bet you guys think us lawyers can't **** our hot clients either. Is there no end to your judgment?

And PS: there is absolutely nothing illegal about what he proposes, assuming of course that it's after the case and not during. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                        Alternatively, you could stand up in court, address the Judge, and say, "I ask to be dismissed from this jury because the plaintiff is just too hot for me to remain impartial."

^this. A tried and true method.

Unbelievable!

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius871 View Post
                          And PS: there is absolutely nothing illegal about what he proposes, assuming of course that it's after the case and not during. I don't know how anyone could think otherwise.
                          He said he wasn't going to wait for the case to end.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            He said he wasn't going to wait for the case to end.
                            He seemed open to the possibility if it's the only way, but surely he'll abide by poly's sage advice not to.
                            Unbelievable!

Comment

• When has he not, after all?

Comment

• Exactly.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X