Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You knew it was coming. Putin decides he will take power back.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb View Post
    Yep, thanks, Vet. But it's not only about the market economy really. It's about the end of chaos. In EU terms we had a -3 stability after collapse of the USSR. That was a time of complete lawlessness. Putin took the country after nearly a decade of Yeltsin's chaos and brought stability and simple rules.
    Yes, Putin's rules certainly are simple: Do what he says or else.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I agree with Serb on Putin being a great president.
      I hope he focuses on making Russia less dependant on oil and gas exports, and he should do something to help Russians breed again.
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
        The truest test of any leader's worthiness!
        That's just a bonus to his worthiness actually. I doubt any other world leader ever faced and had to overcome problems like he faced and had to overcome.
        Last edited by Serb; September 25, 2011, 16:37.

Comment

Yes, Putin's rules certainly are simple: Do what he says or else.
          I can tell you what I think you really must do - stop beeing a dummy who buys all that bullsh!t from your media or else you will remain an idiot for the rest of your days. It's a friendly advice, really.

Comment

Friends of mine that visited Russia asked local youth about their opinion on Putin. They said they liked him - they were very well aware that he´s a crook, but that the country was better off despite this.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas View Post
              I agree with Serb on Putin being a great president.
              I hope he focuses on making Russia less dependant on oil and gas exports, and he should do something to help Russians breed again.
              I've never said he was or will be a great president. I'm saying that he has some historical merits, that his popularity have a strong basis and that for current historical period there is simply no better alternative. I'm not a Putin's fanatic. I just give him a credit where he deserves it.
              Last edited by Serb; September 25, 2011, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera View Post
                Yes, that's the sad truth.
                Yeah, but with the media completely controlled and opposition voices silenced/shut down how could it be other wise?
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Besides FDR's third term was a vialation of your constitution, AFAIK
                  No, no it wasn't. There was no limit to the number of terms back then and it was only after FDR died that the constitution was changed to only allow two terms.

Comment

Besides, it's not him who changed presidetial term from 4 to 6 years.
                    Are you gong to try to claim it was really his ass puppet who did it and not him? That would be hilarious.

Comment

I've never said he was or will be a great president. I'm saying that he has some historical merits, that his popularity have a strong basis and that for current historical period there is simply no better alternative. I'm not a Putin's fanatic. I just give him a credit where he deserves it.
                      So...not as good a leader as Stalin, but still pretty good?
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                        Yeah, but with the media completely controlled and opposition voices silenced/shut down how could it be other wise?
                        Oh my. Compared to Fox News, CNN and other "free democratic" western mass-media sources our media is the beacon of wisdom and impartiality. All your beloved puppets bark on TV for all they care. You just have to realize that liberal idea is at least completely discredited if not totally dead in Russia. And Putin, our media, non-existent political repressions, Harry Potter or anything and anyone else have nothing to do with that fact.
                        Putin simply do not need to silence/shut down the voices of opposition, because the opposition already discredited THEMSELVES during the decade when they ruled the country before him. That is really simple as that.
                        Last edited by Serb; September 25, 2011, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                          No, no it wasn't. There was no limit to the number of terms back then and it was only after FDR died that the constitution was changed to only allow two terms.
                          Thanks for the late lecture, but that was already explained and I've said "afaik", so I didn't really insist that I'm right here.

Comment

He was right that FDR was a tyrant, though
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Oh my. Compared to Fox News, CNN and other "free democratic" western mass-media sources our media is the beacon of wisdom and impartiality. All your beloved puppets bark on TV for all they care. You just have to realize that liberal idea is at least completely discredited if not totally dead. And Putin, our media, non-existent political repressions, Harry Potter or anything and anyone else have nothing to do with that fact.
                              Putin simply do not need to silence/shut down the voices of opposition, because the opposition already discredit THEMSELVES during the decade when they ruled the country before him. That is really simple as that.
                              If he has no need then why has he spent the better part of a decade doing exactly that? Just for ****s and giggles? Serb, you are becoming a parody of yourself.

Comment

He was right that FDR was a tyrant, though

Onodera was right. You are an American version of Serb.

Comment

Working...
                                X