Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious people are bad at math and don't think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
    Kid, values change over time and geography/culture but reason itself, as logic, doesn't.
    We've been down this road with him before. He doesn't buy it.
    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

You're making this argument again. Ridiculous.

Since when is a religious person a nihilist?
      I'm not a nihilist you idiot. I don't even know how to talk to you.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
        Kid, values change over time and geography/culture but reason itself, as logic, doesn't.

In cold logic 1 + 1 will always equal 10.
        Sure logic doesn't change but that leaves a lot of things to disagree about. No one disagrees about simple arithmatic, but when it comes to something like politics people will disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
          Sure logic doesn't change but that leaves a lot of things to disagree about. No one disagrees about simple arithmatic, but when it comes to something like politics people will disagree.
          But according to Al, powerful people have the right to assrape low level creeps
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Religious people also rape children. Shouldn't being religious be regarded as a warning sign of future deviant behavior?
            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
              when it comes to something like politics people will disagree.
              Truth. People who claim that X position is the ONLY logical or rational position kind of are stuck in their own social consciousness and can't see that other ways may be preferable.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                Truth. People who claim that X position is the ONLY logical or rational position kind of are stuck in their own social consciousness and can't see that other ways may be preferable.
                Only people fail at the necessary task for self justification would say something so silly. Being right is always preferable.

Comment

Not such a moron after all, eh, Moron?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                    3 damn it! (for very high values of 1)
                    You aren't getting the binary reference are you.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by MORON View Post
                      Only people fail at the necessary task for self justification would say something so silly. Being right is always preferable.
                      There is no absolutely one correct political position.
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The correct position can be computed by yield and it is always right. The only problem is other people don't know it yet. Silly them, thinking that their positions have merit relative mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          I wasn't actually saying that people shouldn't have faith in what they believe, but that it doesn't make sense to say that they are right because they are logical or reasonable or objective.

Comment

Working...
                          X