Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Religious people are bad at math and don't think.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I don't like the article, it says that different styles on thinking determine religious views. Albie screws up again.

That said, as many know I've recently become religious and I'm 43, so I don't believe what the article says.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Dude, the 'different style' of thinking gives you the wrong answer. It's the WRONG way of thinking. Religious people just go with their gut and run with it. That's stupid.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

The level of mathematical knowledge required for accountancy is minimal. Basic arithmetic at most.
        No

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Dude, the 'different style' of thinking gives you the wrong answer. It's the WRONG way of thinking. Religious people just go with their gut and run with it. That's stupid.
          No but this is a stupid post that shows that you don't actually know anything about thinkink.

Comment

My first intuitive reaction was to post a reply. Then my complex reasoning skills kicked in and told me not to feed the trolls.

(fist-bumps Guy and CH, leaves)
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Why the **** do you think I was referring to you, you dumbass deist ****?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

In short, religiosity is most often correlated with lack of intelligence and reasoning skills. No surprise there.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  I wonder if liberals are better at math than conservatives. I wouldn't be surprised.
                  They are indeed. They're also less likely to be scared of their own shadows; as in conservatives tend to be very fearful people afraid of everything around them and having a high fight or flight instinct. Of course, that's a generality and there are caveats but as a general trend it is true and holds up to peer review.

Book low fares to destinations around the world and find the latest deals on airline tickets, hotels, car rentals and vacations at aa.com. As an AAdantage member you earn miles on every trip and everyday spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
                    In short, religiosity is most often correlated with lack of intelligence and reasoning skills. No surprise there.
                    Thomas Jefferson was wrong. Reason is not an absolute and unchanging truth that each generation can approach and get closer and closer to. Reason is indeed different to each generation. It's different to different cultures, to different men, to men and women liberals and conservatives, and to the theist and the atheist.

Comment

btw, for what it's worth I knew the correct answer to the TRICK question.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                        Thomas Jefferson was wrong. Reason is not an absolute and unchanging truth that each generation can approach and get closer and closer to. Reason is indeed different to each generation. It's different to different cultures, to different men, to men and women liberals and conservatives, and to the theist and the atheist.

You're making this argument again. Ridiculous.

Since when is a religious person a nihilist?
                        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
                          btw, for what it's worth I knew the correct answer to the TRICK question.
                          No, you didn't.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Asher, it's not hard if you are expecting a trick question. I think this is all bull****.

Comment

Kid, values change over time and geography/culture but reason itself, as logic, doesn't.

In cold logic 1 + 1 will always equal 10.

Comment

3 damn it! (for very high values of 1)

Comment

Working...
                                X