X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    x2

Comment

I watched a ton of vidcasts featuring "company of heroes". Great entertainment imho.

Might even run into an old poly poster and mod.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I had no idea such things were happening. Stands to reason, I guess.

Somewhat odd that it's called "sport"...
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

only odd because you're not used to it, took me awhile too.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

It's as much of a 'sport' as chess or poker is. Yes, highly competitive games... but sport?
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Wikipedia says about sports:

Sport is all forms of physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical fitness and provide entertainment to participants.
              So this stuff isn't a sport, by that definition, and neither would be chess, poker, or *cough* baseball (nix on the entertainment part).
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

So this stuff isn't a sport, by that definition, and neither would be chess, poker, or *cough* baseball (nix on the entertainment part).
                Are you claiming baseball doesn't entertain the participants? So the guy swinging a bat actually hates doing it and wishes it would stop?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                  Are you claiming baseball doesn't entertain the participants? So the guy swinging a bat actually hates doing it and wishes it would stop?
                  Yes. Hates it so much they could cry. Unfortunately, there is no crying in baseball.

Comment

So how should these be called if not sport(s)?

Highly competitive games?!?
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

I am actually fine with it being called 'competitive gaming' or something. But it needs to be held as valuable as sport.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                      X