No announcement yet.

Android Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just spend the $5 for the Easy Tether app man. http://www.amazon.com/Mobile-Stream-...6010399&sr=8-1

Otherwise you'll have to pay the wifi hotspot fee with the carrier, or root it, etc.
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Mad Monk,

I didn't see that that was the Original Galaxy S. It's still a good phone, and probably enough for your needs, but if you're looking for ULTIMATE POWAH

There are others(that are also more expensive). I'd also be aware that Samsung has a reputation for being slow on OS updates.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Oh, you don't have to do that with the iPhone.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          Oh, you don't have to do that with the iPhone.

JM
          You're claiming that the iPhone provides free tethering? Is this what you are claiming?

Comment

It does.

You have to have a dataplan, but it is just in the settings. No problem with apps/etc.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

The internets seem to disagree with your claim that the iphone has free tethering.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk.

Comment

It's also in the settings on Android phones. They are talking about avoiding the tethering surcharge. Which we don't have in Russia, btw.
                Graffiti in a public toilet
                Do not require skill or wit
                Among the **** we all are poets
                Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Nor in Canada.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Oh, I have just used tethering in Sweden.

I couldn't see how someone could pay for it (beyond the pay for data).

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Asher, do you get your phone plans through work?

Which are the better ones?
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)
                      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Nope. At YPG I could've gotten a discount through Bell but I never used it.

I'm on Rogers and I pay through the nose. I'm not sure there are any good deals in Canada.

Until the end of Sept, Rogers has their 6GB for $30 deal. It only happens once a year. If you want >500MB, it costs like $25 for 2GB or something without the deal...
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                          Nor in Canada.
                          Well, in that case

Die in a fire

:P

(My data plan is better than yours)

Comment

As we inch closer to release, more rumoured details emerge:

Dual-core Samsung Exynos CPU at 1.5 GHz with 1GB RAM
                            4.65-inches, 1280 x 720 HD display: Super AMOLED Plus
                            8.8mm thick, somewhat heavier than the Galaxy S II
                            Metal body (yes, you read that right, Samsung + Metal Body = A real product!)
                            16GB internal storage + SD card slot
                            2000 mAh battery
                            It's also continued to be rumoured as a Verizon "launch exclusive" in the USA.

“The phone looks similar to the Sprint variant of the Galaxy S II, with a round-edged body, but also similar to the Nexus S with a curved screen.”

“The internet browser is leaps and bounds better than what you currently get. (Hallelujah! – NK)… I personally hated the stock browser for Android (Me too – NK), but I’d actually consider using this. It has its tabs at the bottom of the screen now, similar to Opera Browser mobile. The pinch to zoom is better than before, the rendering is excellent, no checkerboards. Zoomed out the text is pristine. Really liking the browser app.”

“The phone is blazingly fast; I guess it’s as fast the SGS II. It has no issues with general use and opens apps, drawers, etc. instantly. No lag. I tried opening a whole bunch of apps, but it was still running smooth and would auto-kill once it got overloaded anyway, so you never feel the performance taking a hit.”

“Ice Cream Sandwich is very nice. It works like the current Gingerbread OS but has gotten a major facelift. The menus are a lot nicer and smoother, screens have a ‘glassy’ look to them. It just feels more polished”

“The Gmail app is a lot better looking than the current one. If you flip the phone to the side, it has the preview pane, like how Outlook works, with the emails on the left and the message on the right. It looks really nice.” (Sammy’s Epic Touch 4G for Sprint has this preview pane feature, as well – NK)

Comment

It's pretty amazing how we went from "Snapdragon, Tegra, and Hummingbird all were reference CPUs therefore the next one should be TI OMAP to "Joking! Go Samsung"

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X