Third time lucky, for Germany?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin View Post
    You should go to war as that will help jump start our economy. Don't worry, after a few years will jump in to help you out. We don't want to mess with a good formula and since that worked twice before...
    Americans don't want to fight. We'll just end up outsourcing the war to the Chinese.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Az View Post
      I love you Brits, I honestly do. but you are like a classic example of all that is wrong in western Europe. A deadly mixture of living in the past classism with a cultural void mixing as a multiculturalism. All of the decay of traditional industry with none of the high-tech or machine and instrumentation building to replace it. All of the banking without any of the saving.
      I don´t like cultural relativism any more than any sane person, but I wouldn´t consider Israel the shining light of the Western world, if it can be included in the definition of ¨the West¨ at all.

Comment

Zoe, go play in traffic, I didn't write a single word about Israel, or being a part of "the west", especially western Europe.
        In fact, quite oppositely, I am observing Europe quite a lot, doing business here ( I am now in Germany), and consider myself an outsider.

Tl,dr; You self-profess to be management in finance and hate jews for being greedy and snobbish. Go **** yourself.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Yeah Zoe, Az wrote enough drivel there to be attacked without bringing Israel into it.

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to reply to Az at this point - I don't even know how serious he's being.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Zzzzz is not a real poster. I think it's safe to disregard whatever output it generates.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
              Yeah Zoe, Az wrote enough drivel there to be attacked without bringing Israel into it.

I'm not sure if I can be bothered to reply to Az at this point - I don't even know how serious he's being.
              I am in a trollish mood, but some of the spirit is true.

-I do think that there should be much more cooperation in Europe and less Intra-European nationalism, as Europe slips from it's place of importance in the world - and for it to prosper and be secure, it has to play smart.
              -I do think that more integration is the answer, and I do think that the UK is the premier reason it is not going on, especially with awesome trollish proposals like promoting Turkey into the EU.
              -I do also think that the British empire played a much stronger role in driving towards the cluster**** which was called the two world wars than the what average Brit really like to admit.

Germany is the natural hegemonic power for continental Europe. It is the case because of its location, its geography, its economy, its culture. the only thing standing in the way is history.
              urgh.NSFW

Comment

OK.

Yes, the British Empire played its part in the colonial rivalries that led to WW1, but it wasn't Britain that attacked Serbia, but Austria, with full knowledge of the chain reaction that would follow.

There's a world of difference between co-operation in Europe and the undemocratic behemoth that is the EU. Many of the people behind the creation of the EU were ex Nazis and Fascists, which is probably why it has such an intolerant and undemocratic character today. I think your starry-eyed idealism is misplaced here.

If you actually support a German hegemony over Europe, in the misguided notion of anti-nationalism, then the Fuhrer would have been proud of you. He wanted to eliminate nationalism as well. All except one.

Comment

I was going to suggest meditating on a subway track, but playing in traffic works too. As does running with scissors and mixing bleach and windex.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

I am in a trollish mood, but some of the spirit is true.

-I do think that there should be much more cooperation in Europe and less Intra-European nationalism, as Europe slips from it's place of importance in the world - and for it to prosper and be secure, it has to play smart.
                    Why? If I was European I wouldn't give a **** about how strong "Europe" is measured against other dick-measuring units like the US or China; I'd care about how I was doing (and my family and friends). **** nationalism.

-I do think that more integration is the answer, and I do think that the UK is the premier reason it is not going on, especially with awesome trollish proposals like promoting Turkey into the EU.

Out of the northern euro countries, the UK does the most to promote iternational integration; in particular, it has significantly higher net migration rates than either France or Germany.

-I do also think that the British empire played a much stronger role in driving towards the cluster**** which was called the two world wars than the what average Brit really like to admit.

**** off. The German early twencen psycho-state was largely responsible for the horrors of WWI and ESPECIALLY WWII.

Germany is the natural hegemonic power for continental Europe. It is the case because of its location, its geography, its economy, its culture. the only thing standing in the way is history.

The only thing standing in the way is that the Jerries can't fight as well as they hoped they could.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Actually I think the only thing that stood in their way was that the US wasn't as sympathetic to them as they hoped we would be. But yeah.
                      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Well the US wasn't that much of a factor in WWI, but the Germans were still failures. If they could have fought better maybe teh spring offensive would have worked.

Comment

In WWI Canada ****ed the Kaiser while the US was busy dicking around...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Being a pawn of a foreign empire has its advantages I guess.

Comment

Gives us more excuse to shoot Huns.
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I am in a trollish mood.
                                tired of hotels and/or travel already?

Comment

Working...