Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The great American linguistic divide: Soda vs Pop.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
    It's crazy that Philly has about the same number of people as Manhattan alone.
    So like maybe a third of New York proper?
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Philly has more people than Staten Island or the Bronx.

We're talking the #5 largest US city by population after NYC, LA, Chicago, and Houston. It's just that #5 largest US city only has about as many people as a New York borough.
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Regardless of it's total population, Philly is still a ****hole full of ignorant yokels.

I say we dust off and nuke the whole site from orbit. It's the only way to B. Sure!.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          It's crazy that Philly has about the same number of people as Manhattan alone.
          While being 5 times larger in land area...

Manhattan is only ~20% of nyc's pop, but in all honesty it's pretty much 100% of what makes nyc special (well, let's reserve 10% for bk)

Without mnh, nyc is just 4 philadelphias.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Brooklyn has 80% of what makes NYC insufferable.

Comment

90% of the times I go to bk I get off at the bedford ave stop, so I know what you mean...
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth View Post
                Regardless of it's total population, Philly is still a ****hole full of ignorant yokels.

I say we dust off and nuke the whole site from orbit. It's the only way to B. Sure!.
                A question:
                does it need to be from orbit?

Comment

I was thinking moon-based lasers. That still counts as orbit, right?
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison View Post
                    I thought there was only Irn Bru and Tennents Lager available in Scotland. Or frying oil

I can confirm that Irn Bru is referred to as juice in Scotland, and by the Scottish elements of my household.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• if pop also means popular, then aren't all chart-hitters whether they're doing hip-hop, or metal, or hard rock, or reggae all playing pop as well. Therefore Eminem may be playing pop music.

Edit: I know music is not related to this thread. But the word Pop, as used for Soft-Drinks (as we call them in Australia) could just meen Popular.
                      Last edited by MattBowron; September 6, 2011, 08:37. Reason: Cort Haus
                      "Life is the only RPG you'll ever play, The religious want to be one with the moderator, the scientists want to hack the game, and the gamers want to do both."

Comment

• Wow. What a non-sequitur.

Comment

Working...
                        X