I'm now participating in an organized sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    Not to mention the fact that being a relatively talented engineer is likely more valuable than being the hundredth fastest human to ever live.
    "Value" is a measure of the degree to which one can be exploited.

Athletes are certainly more valuable. Nobody pays $20 million a year for an engineer. And we won't be outsourcing sports to India or China any time soon.

Didn't you accuse someone else of not understanding economics? OH THE IRONY
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
      It seems like such a stupid way to do a relay race.

Will you be one of the sprinters pushing the buggy, HC? Otherwise, you're as much an athlete as someone who makes football helmets and stitches baseballs.
      Al is correct, you make sporting goods.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Construction Foreman pays more, more physically demanding, better job outlook.

Physical Therapist more physically demanding, better job outlook about the same pay
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

I'm quite enjoying being an IT consultant. Would be a nightmare for some (lots of travel, stress, deadlines) but like it myself. And although the job presents some stress it gives me very little stress in other areas of my life (science was a nightmare because you never know where you are going to get crapped on from next - no autonomy, no decent career prospects, no respect - and these things always caused me more stress). And being freelance, the money is, well, nice

I wish I'd gone this way much earlier
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
          X