I'm now participating in an organized sport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Some of those guys could probably run a 10.0 100m. That, and the work that goes into that, is far more impressive than building some buggy.
    Al, you really have no idea how much work goes into designing and building these things. It's an asbolutely enormous undertaking. And just about every aspect of the design, construction and testing is probably beyond your mental faculties.
    If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
    ){ :|:& };:

Comment

this thread
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Al reveres brute physical strength above everything. This argument is just another manifestation of this.

Comment

DINNER! MY CAVE! NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Oh wait I'm on Apolyton so my statement will be criticized but it's the ****ing truth. Any monkey can build something. Any student can learn the engineering behind it and improve the design. It takes far far far more to run a 10.0 100m.

The brain is far more malleable than the body is. It takes more man hours and more exertion to get to a 10.0 100m than it does to learn enough undergraduate engineering to build a buggy.

And many people will simply never be capable of running a 10.0 100m, limited by genetics. I would guess a greater percentage of the human population is physically incapable of running a 10.0 100m than are able to learn some undergraduate engineering.
            Who cares? If God told you that you could have every human on Earth become twice as smart or have every human on Earth run four times faster, which would be more effective for improving the world?

Also, I bet plenty of monkeys can run a 10.0 100m, although monkeys prefer climbing trees at speeds far faster than humans.

Comment

Running faster will obviously help us to escape the aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                Al, you really have no idea how much work goes into designing and building these things. It's an asbolutely enormous undertaking. And just about every aspect of the design, construction and testing is probably beyond your mental faculties.
                HC, dont bother with Al, he isn't worth the energy. You seem to be real interested, so this site may be interesting link/. It's made of engineers so it's of course dulll and boring but you may like it.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
                  I think that must disagree yet another time - for Al every second counts when he tries to escape all those crack whores that are trying to take his virginity
                  It's the dogs. The dogs terrify him.
                  Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'm waiting for Al to start comparing Temple's rankings to CMU.

Comment

I can build Temple in Civ. No CMU in Civ. Temple wins.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

And don't let this thread get you down, HC. Keep training, some day you can reach your dreams!

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Cool runnings was a ****ing terrible movie

But buggy is an excellent sport, you are just too stupid to appreciate its brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                            I'm waiting for Al to start comparing Temple's rankings to CMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                              Al reveres brute physical strength above everything. This argument is just another manifestation of this.
                              He's obviously overcompensating for his osteoporosis.
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                                We don't live in a world where those situations are commonplace. Running fast is pretty much worthless unless it is part of the package which allows you to be a professional athlete or among the 5 fastest people in the world (for the olympics).
                                You are forgetting cholarships, +poon, and free TVs in riots.

Comment

Working...
                                X