No announcement yet.

Indiana school board: "Cursive writing optional"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you, I stand corrected. Most that have grown up will computers will not understand.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• No idea why anyone would even take notes in cursive.

I live and die by OneNote at work.

It's especially helpful because in two clicks I can project my notes onto the interactive whiteboard in the room we're at, and someone else can handwrite notes on the board that goes into my notebook. I can then share the notebook via email or sharepoint, where changes made by anyone can be reflected in all editions in real time.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• OneNote was really good.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
          The problem with cursive is that they force you to write it legibly in school.

But it is so easy to write illegibly.

JM
          I was told multiple times in grade school that I might have a brilliant future as a doctor because my cursive was so illegible. Fortunately, my 3rd grade teacher was from the old school method of teaching and forced me to improve and do it correctly.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
            OneNote was really good.

JM
            It's not good anymore?
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• I'm like so surprised.

You ridicule me for not knowing that truly locked-down tablets exist, and then admit they're still in trial phase.

Thanks nevertheless.
              In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
                I wouldn't even have used it that long if I'd had a word processor. Notes were always taken in chicken scratch printing. Cursive writing is as useless as filosofy.
                With the kind of job you have, I'd think the mere ability to thank/greet people with good-looking handwritten notes would be worth a few hours of practice.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
                  I'm like so surprised.

You ridicule me for not knowing that truly locked-down tablets exist, and then admit they're still in trial phase.

Thanks nevertheless.
                  The lock-down software is readily available for PCs & Macs already, it's not something new.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                  X