Nose will not stop bleeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nose will not stop bleeding

I experienced a blow to the nose ~24 hours ago. It will not stop bleeding. The blood is sort of oozing into one nostril.

Will it have to be amputated?

I'm looking for the free advice of the resident docs. I will gladly pay one chicken, but it is FOB Northern Alberta. Alternate payment may consist of gratitude.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Wrong forum. Please move to OT.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I would stick a vitamin C up your nose. I did this as a kid supposedly (not that I had a blood nose) and my parents took me to the doctor where it was extracted for a fee. Learn from my mistake!

Once you have the vitamin C up your nose, go to a doctor. When he pulls it out (insist he does) then all this blood will come gushing out. Make sure you have a friend with a cell phone video taping the procedure. Go to court. Make bank. Buy a new nose.

Comment

The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Just go and see a doctor?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

Stop ramming it against a wall. If it doesn't help see the doctor indeed.
            Blah

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
              Just go and see a doctor?
              That will cost him money. It's not free to go to the doctor like it is over here...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

WTF?! I thought Canada was civilised.
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

Only half civilised. IIRC you still have to pay to visit a doctor.

Comment

They were talking about a nominal £10 fee to see a doctor here weren't they. But this is exactly why they shouldn't... although calling NHS Direct would still be free and that's very good so maybe it would be ok now.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

NHS is slow and inefficient you know, he might be better off in Canada...

Comment

If my nose wouldn't stop bleeding I'd phone NHS direct (24 hours), they'd give me some advice - either what to do to stop it, or to go to doctor or hospital. I'd then do whatever they said, either follow their advice, see my doctor for free later that day, see the out of hours doctor at Westcall or go and get checked out at A&E.

None of which would cost me any money at that point. Not sure how it could be any better in this example.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

I have had it (personally) that extended nose bleeds can be due to:
                          1. lack of platelets in the blood

I was going to put too high of blood pressure, but I actually don't remember that (although I do remember more nose bleeds during that time).

Remember you want things to clot, so you want the blood to go towards your nose, but be stopped there.

More then a few hours, maybe go to the doctor right away? Even when I had extremely low platelet counts, my nose bleeds still only lasted a few hours.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
                            More then a few hours, maybe go to the doctor right away?
                            This.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

Hang on, this is nye we're talking about. Don't worry mate, you're fine. No need to waste your money...

Comment

Working...
                              X