Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Likud MK and Australian MP discuss "humane solution" for thousands of 'Muslim infiltrators' in Israe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likud MK and Australian MP discuss "humane solution" for thousands of 'Muslim infiltrators' in Israe

http://www.jpost.com/DiplomacyAndPol...aspx?id=227332

Likud MK and Australian MP discuss "humane solution" for thousands of 'Muslim infiltrators' in Israel: Send them to live down under.
    Talkbacks (6) MK Danny Danon (Likud) asked Australian MP Michael Danby on Wednesday to propose, in parliament in Canberra, sending African migrants from Israel to Australia.

Danon and Danby discussed the issue during the Australian politician’s visit to Israel for the World Jewish Congress’s International Conference of Jewish Parliamentarians.
    Israeli Jews are hard-hearted but clear thinking people, they know what's good for them I suppose. Israel will still be around and a first world nation in 2100. Some EU members, Australia, Canada, USA ... not so much.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; July 3, 2011, 06:57.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Infiltrators refers to the method of entry--via the porous egypt-israel border.
    The "infiltrators" are migrants without visas, usually seeking asylum in israel.
    Some sudanese are granted asylum as they are refugees but those who arrive illegally don't.
    The discussion that took place was between peripheral members of the party. Danby is an ordinary member of the Australian parliament who belongs to the presently in charge Labour Party--not the foreign minister. Equally, Danon is an ordinary member of the Israeli parliament, who happens to be a member of the Likud party, the primary member of the Israeli coalition government.

In short, this is a private visit between two ordinary MPs, and is unlikely to be of any consequence.

The long and short of it is that african muslims in israel arent going to australia any time soon.
    Last edited by Zevico; July 4, 2011, 04:14.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
      Israeli Jews are hard-hearted but clear thinking people, they know what's good for them I suppose. Israel will still be around and a first world nation in 2100. Some EU members, Australia, Canada, USA ... not so much.
      Is a meteoroid going to hit the US or something?

Comment

Israel wouldn't EXIST without the America's help, I don't think they're likely to overtake us
        If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
        ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          Is a meteoroid going to hit the US or something?

I think the implication is that a country with a large number of certain sorts of people is not going to be able to be successful.

It's quite offensive.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
            I think the implication is that a country with a large number of certain sorts of people is not going to be able to be successful.
            Seems reasonable. We all know that the French are the reason Canada lags so far behind the United States.

Comment

In what? Dip****tery?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I was thinking more of power, wealth, and influence.

Comment

The US seems to be really good at using that power and wealth... or not.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

At least we have the option!

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus View Post
                      Israeli Jews are hard-hearted but clear thinking people, they know what's good for them
                      Exactly: "Good for them". They're not very accomplished in the good-will department.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                        Exactly: "Good for them". They're not very accomplished in the good-will department.
                        To repeat:
                        Israel does have a refugee program, and it doesn't discriminate by reference to ethnicity or faith.
                        They also allow the children of illegal residents rights in certain circumstances.
                        They're not bound to do either of these things, but they do them.
                        Israeli NGOs and community organisations regularly provide assistance to illegal migrants along with legal refugees, for example.
                        That's not an exhaustive list, by the way.
                        I think they're more than well accomplished in the good-will department. I don't think they're hard-hearted at all. If they were, they wouldn't be accepting any refugees at all.
                        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Euros seem to have a tendency to believe that Israel's existence at all is just a mistake, and therefore everything they do is hard-hearted.

Comment

zoewehfuisdg has said some pretty wacky stuff in the past so I wouldn't make any generalizations about Europeans based on his remarks.

Comment

That's fair.

Comment

Working...
                              X