No announcement yet.

Introduce me to good rock music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is so much music trying to fit under the label rock today that i would say its impossible to properly define.

your probly not gona like these two songs but iam gona post them anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
      this.

albie, i would recommend finding something you like and just going on a musical journey from there. check out the related videos on youtube, the related bands on last fm, stuff on the same label.

of course i would start from here.

He may like the Killers cover, if he likes the Killers...

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Doesn't really get any better...

One of the few good thing to come out off this little country...

'nother favourite of mine...

ps: is it 'of' or 'off' btw? something I always have trouble with (and words like 'useful' ).
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• of
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• 60s British rock.

60s North American rock

70s British rock

70s Krautrock

Late 70s Hard Rock

80s Goth Rock

80s Shoegazer

90s Industrial Rock

90s Indie Rock

90s Post-Rock

2000s Heavy rock

2000s alt-Rock

Take yer pick
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

• Way too many and too long songs. Sorry but I'm done playing this game. Can't sit here and listen to this much music that sounds horrible to me.

With response to Bugs, so late 70's hard rock is when it all went downhill, apparently, and that loud obnoxiousness became popular
              "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                No female rock singers please
                Click image for larger version

Name:	a%20ferengi.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	9090634
                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

• I'm still not sure exactly what that means but okay.
                  "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• It's the thing that says FEMALES. I figured that out the last several times it was posted.

Comment

• Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                      It's the thing that says FEMALES. I figured that out the last several times it was posted.
                      I get that. But he acts like females is not a word in the English language or something.

I'm a male. They are females. What the hell is the problem?

Comment

• Normally people call them women. You're being made fun of for being different. Now feel humiliated.

Comment

• Surely Alby knows this one...

Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Al,
                            I would go from your own tastes are far as hip hop, R and B, even movies and TV. I tend to like people who work with or are sampled by groups/artists I already like. I discovered some great songs that way.
                            I completely agree with you about vocals. If I were you I would check out the movie immortal beloved it has some interesting comments on classical music.
                            If I were going to recommend some songs to you I would start with the violent femmes because they are close to rap, have great lyrics, energy and only scream sometimes. Blister in the sun, Add it up.
                            Beck - Everybody's got to learn sometimes.
                            Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues. I don't care if it is country.
                            TheThe - Infected- The whole album
                            The Police - So many too name --Roxanne, Can't stand losing you, Invisible sun.
                            You have got to listen to the dog days are over. That's a great song.
                            There's many more but I think that these have great music, lyrics and singing
                            Sidebar: What is your musical background? I'm not asking about taste.
                            What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
                            What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                              Surely Alby knows this one...
                              I've heard of that song but I don't think I've ever heard it. Doesn't ring any bells.

I did see that this was sampled by DJ Green Lantern on a Fort Minor song called "SCOM" (Sweet Child of Mine abbreviated I guess ).

I won't post the actual rap song but I will post the instrumental.

That sounds musically a lot better to me than the original does. Can you understand why that beat that sampled it sounds a lot more appealing aesthetically than the original?

Comment

• A catchy song

I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                                X