Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
    Your friend is an idiot
    HEY! Just because I make fun of some of my friends every now and then, doesn't give you permission to do the same.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
      HEY! Just because I make fun of some of my friends every now and then, doesn't give you permission to do the same.
      I didn't say he was an idiot all the time.
      Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Doesnt political incorrectness rely on the fact that the discussion topic is something normal polite society wouldnt voice? How then is it political incorrectness when the term "teabaggers" has been mainstreamed by numerous outlets and POTUS?
        "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Right, I guess MrFun forgot that political hate is okay while religious hate isn't.

Comment

Where was hate mentioned?

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
              Where was hate mentioned?
              Right here:

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
              Right, I guess MrFun forgot that political hate is okay while religious hate isn't.

Comment

I see. A nonsequitor then.

Comment

Where was "normal polite society" mentioned? I see, a nonsequitor then.

Comment

Nice try. Actually not even close to nice.

Defining political incorrectness is part and parcel of the task. The element of hatred in political incorrectenss is much more tangential than say the concept societal expectations with respect to incorrectenss.

Thus, again where in the thread was hatred a point of dicussion?

I see discussion about mean spiritedness - but hatred as a motivation doesn't necessarily follow.

Comment

Why do slurs exist? Hatred.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe View Post
                        Doesnt political incorrectness rely on the fact that the discussion topic is something normal polite society wouldnt voice? How then is it political incorrectness when the term "teabaggers" has been mainstreamed by numerous outlets and POTUS?
                        My point is not that "teabaggers" is a politically incorrect slur. Reread the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
                          Why do slurs exist? Hatred.
                          Gypsie isn't a slur but is slightly unPC in my country. The approved term is Roma. Guess how long it took for that term to get negative connotations?

Sometimes words have a bad ring to them because they describe and name things and/or people that aren't so awesome.
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                            My point is not that "teabaggers" is a politically incorrect slur. Reread the thread.
                            My point, if you take it, is that teabaggers is not a politically incorrect term. All the 'cool kids' use it after all.

Comment

Then you and I agree that "teabaggers" is not a politically incorrect term. I guess your point was moot.

Comment

Fair enough although my read was originally that you invoked political incorrectness with respect to your friend's opinions and couldn't see why he would be upset with the term teabaggers. A can't take it but can dish it out arguement as it were. Thus implying teabagger was a politically incorrect term.

I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
                                X