You sunk my battleship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You sunk my battleship

In 2012, a $200M movie directed by Peter Berg and starring Liam Neeson is coming out.

It is called "Battleship".

It is based on the board game "Battleship".

Two hundred million dollars.

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Oh. And it also stars Rihanna.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

In all fairness I probably thought the same when they said they were spending over 100 million dollars to make a moved base on a theme ride in Disneyland.
      So I'll reserve judgement.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Why is Rihanna in it?
        "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
          In all fairness I probably thought the same when they said they were spending over 100 million dollars to make a moved base on a theme ride in Disneyland.
          So I'll reserve judgement.
          I doubt this move is really about the board game Battleship. It's probably a case of having a story and then needing a brand to attach it to.
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Nah, they started with the brand, not the story.

I could understand making a movie of Clue/Cluedo, but this crazy.
            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

Also, it's a **** game.
              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
              We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                Nah, they started with the brand, not the story.

I could understand making a movie of Clue/Cluedo, but this crazy.
                Cluedo?

Comment

How do you pronounce that? Like Clue-doe or Clue-dew?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                    In 2012, a $200M movie directed by Peter Berg and starring Liam Neeson is coming out.

It is called "Battleship".

It is based on the board game "Battleship".

Two hundred million dollars.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440129/
                    Mother****ers gotta get paid, son.

That money will inevitably make money hand over fist. Hell of an investment by the producers.
                    "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                    "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                      Clue-doe
                      Cluedo is the original name, renamed for the US market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Cluedo is the original name, renamed for the US market.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cluedo
                        I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying it's a bizarre name regardless.

Comment

Not really.
                          (a play on "clue" and "Ludo", which is Latin for I play)
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Not really.
                            So it's clever to make a portmanteau using the apparent first-person singular Latin conjugation of 'play'? Really? Maybe if Cluedo were pronounced clue-dew with a rhyming effect, that would make sense.

Comment

200 million bucks for a movie when all they need is pen and paper for the action sequences
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X