Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German soldiers cannot shoot, cannot drive

, Afghan report concludes

GERMANY'S military is a danger to itself and its Afghanistan mission because it lacks combat and medical skills, German newspaper Bild reported yesterday citing a classified official document.

"The soldiers' proficiency in small arms and their command of weaponry does not correspond to the requirements of the territory," officers in the leaked Bundeswehr internal report complained.

The document added that soldiers did not have adequate driving instruction to prepare them for Afghanistan's uneven terrain. Furthermore, their lack of driving experience in armored vehicles put their lives at risk of serious road accidents.

The document also criticized the abilities of German medics, who, it was claimed, were inadequately prepared to treat gunshot and explosives wounds.

In addition to criticizing their own training shortcomings, officials expressed resentment over what they saw as US military dominance over other NATO members, particularly since Gen. David Petraeus took command of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) last July.

"The already marginalized contributions of other nations have been further marginalized," they said. "It has been established that American dominance in leadership and decision-making has further increased."

The Bundeswehr is scheduled to hand over Mazar-i-Sharif, a major city in the north of the country, to Afghan authorities in July this year.
    How can this be?

Cue the hordes of Poly's flag-waving Merkins denouncing their incompetent and 'pùssy' allies.

Well BILD = worthless Sun clone.

Asaid from this, it's long known here that our military is rather under-resourced, which means deficits in equipment and training.

Since wars are mostly unpopular anyway noone in the public really cares, but I thinks it's absurd when they are supposed to do stuff then. Either we turn pacifist completey and save the entire resources we spend now. Or there's a reason to have a military, then they should at least be made capable to do their job.
    Blah

Comment

Can't shoot, can't drive, can heal a little.

It's like Fred Astaire's screen test.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Anyway, in general, this should be good news for the world.
        Blah

Comment

On the other hand, Brits should now be concerned too, cuz:

...half of Britons have German blood... Time to embrace your inner Jerry!
          Blah

Comment

I did that long ago. I have a German surname - ancestor came to East London for the sugar trade in the 19th century.

Comment

The article does have a point - workwise I am always in Germany and it does feel like a home-from-home, and I have no problems with the Germans. We are remarkably parallel and it doesn't surprise me that we are huge trading partners. To constantly view Germany with suspicion now is ridiculous and outmoded.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

We have stuff to sell to Germany?

Comment

Apart from you, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                    , Afghan report concludes

How can this be?

Cue the hordes of Poly's flag-waving Merkins denouncing their incompetent and 'pùssy' allies.
                    Why would we denounce incompetence?

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro View Post
                      Anyway, in general, this should be good news for the world.
                      The Japanese military, too, strikes me as incompetent. Didn't take long for you guys to turn into your other Axis friend, Italy
                      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                        Apart from you, of course.
                        I have no idea what we are selling to Germany, but I am doing my bit to boost the UK economy
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                          The Japanese military, too, strikes me as incompetent. Didn't take long for you guys to turn into your other Axis friend, Italy
                          You mean the Japanese military that had China take it up the butt, while making the US bleed for every inch of ground until they got fed up and dropped nukes? That Japanese military?

Or the one that the Russians ran over like a steamroller over tin soldiers?
                          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
                            Yes, but at least the Germans seem able to identify friend from foe. This can not be said from the Americans. You guys must have killed more friendlies and civilians than enelies by now.
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis View Post
                              Yes, but at least the Germans seem able to identify friend from foe. This can not be said from the Americans. You guys must have killed more friendlies and civilians than enelies by now.
                              The trouble with this kind of insult is that it's only insulting if it's true. You're going to have to try another troll, dude.
                              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Working...
                              X