Cardiff featured in National Geographic's 10 Best SummerTrips of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
    I've been out in Cardiff on a Saturday night, and I'm sure you could take a series of pictures like that over one night.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Mobius- note how the people you're disputing the point with have all been to Cardiff? I lived there for three years, and can still see the place from my house, and those photos are just an average Friday night on Chip Alley.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
        Looks like a gigantic rubbish dump filled with people peeing, puking and fighting.

Moby, where are the sheep?

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny View Post
          Mobius- note how the people you're disputing the point with have all been to Cardiff? I lived there for three years, and can still see the place from my house, and those photos are just an average Friday night on Chip Alley.
          But I'm not disputing the point. Merely stating that this kind of behaviour happens up and down the country and that Cardiff is in no way extraordinary in this case...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Once you've been in Cardiff, you'll suddenly realize how amazing were every other cities you've visited.
            In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Says someone who's never been to Cardiff!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Amazing, isn't it ?
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Cardiff is a great city, and a really nice place to live. That doesn't change the fact that it does exuberant public drunkenness more emphatically than most cities.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

One of the local coastal towns is named after Cardiff only they added the oh so clever "by the sea" bit at the end because it is next to the ocean. I'm still wondering why the named a local town after the capital of Wales though.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Cardiff is a great city to visit (at least as far as UK goes), and if I would be coming back, it would be in my top 5 cities to go and live.

Public drunkenness like that = UK... in the north it is probably even worse
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I think Wales is pretty parallel with the North...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                        X