Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardiff featured in National Geographic's 10 Best SummerTrips of 2011

Always knew they had good taste...

Looking for an out-of-the-ordinary destination for your summer vacation? Check out these 10 top trips, hand-picked by National Geographic Traveler editors as the best of 2011.

Though the article is a bit of a crappy cut 'n' paste job that misses out on most of our best bits...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

#1 is Muskoka? What a ****ing joke.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

These lists are meaningless, they are always the result of tourism industry bribing magazines.
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Lolling at the giant mushroom.

Comment

Yeah, whatever...
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Night out in Cardiff:

Comment

WTF !

I need new retinas...
              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Last edited by MOBIUS; June 22, 2011, 10:34. Reason: DP

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                  That's my mate Maciej!

Him and a few other guys have taken these over the space of the last 5 years or so - it's a wonder no one's tried to attack him yet!

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                  Night out in your average UK city:
                  Corrected!

Comment

In certain provincial backwaters, perhaps, but I've never seen anything quite so extreme in North London - and that includes living on Camden High Street for over 12 years. Stuff happens, of course, but not on that scale.

Comment

Although, now I see that these were taken over some years, it does change the picture, tbf. I was under the impression that it was all going on simultaneously.

Comment

So I take it you've never been to the various Cross/Church/Bagley's incarnations just down the road in King's Cross...?

Outside and around the back of Benjy's in Mile End was always an eye opener. Not to mention the Old Kent Rd anywhere down from the Elephant. At least in Cardiff you don't risk getting gunned down or stabbed for your troubles.

Then again, I might just be showing my proclivity for visiting dodgy nightlife areas of town...

Comment

I've been out in Cardiff on a Saturday night, and I'm sure you could take a series of pictures like that over one night.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Probably true, actually...

Comment

The Church depravity on York Way was mostly Australians, ISTR. Bagleys was a looong time ago. It's now on the site of a big redevelopment. As for East London and South of the River - I was never really commenting on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X