Anyone ever use their dishwasher to wash clothes?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Okay, now I"m jealous of those who have a dishwasher.
Collapse
X
-
I just realized that this is a most excellent euphemism.Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View PostFront-loader or top loader?"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "
Comment
-
In the good old days, dishwashers also cleaned the house, reared the children, made your lunch, sexed you nightly, and never talked back.Originally posted by rah View PostI assume soap and water, like before electric dishwashers were invented."The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "
Comment
-
Yes, but I generally prefer to have more than one on the go at any one time, especially if I've had guests over for dinner.
They do make great lawnmowers as well.
Comment
-
I see, you're just pursuing the American Dream. Some dishes more and voilà, you're a millionaireOriginally posted by MrFun View PostI'm strange, okay?
The last apartment I lived in by myself, I had a dishwasher but I never used it. I didn't pile up enough dirty dishes at one time, to justify using the dishwasher - I just wash any dishes right away.
Otoh real men never clean any dishes as long there are still clean dishes available somewhere in da house. Fact.Blah
Comment
-
I reckon if you have a tidy kitchen you are much more likely to attract a girlfriend.Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
We've got both kinds
Comment
-
I'm seriously, you guys. ISTR that a lot of people on this site have themselves down as Eco-positive types, but everyone is bragging about using their shiny, electricity and water-guzzling dishwashers without discussing the footprint.Originally posted by Cort Haus View PostHow does dishwasher use compare with the humble bowl-of-hot-water-and-elbow-grease in terms of power consumption and water consumption?
Can we afford a Carbon Gap?
Comment
-
An American friend of mine (yes I have American friends!) has an ingenious solution to this dilemma: paper plates and plastic cutlery*.Originally posted by MikeH View PostI reckon if you have a tidy kitchen you are much more likely to attract a girlfriend.
Once he finishes his meals, it's straight in the bin with everything. Job done, no washing up, no mess. He also has a fully functioning kitchen and table service for entertaining guests, who will note that his kitchen is always spotless.
If you think about it, bulk buying stuff like that may even potentially be cheaper than the cost of running a dishwasher, cost of extra tableware etc. So pretty much a win win situation all round.
*You can get biodegradable 'plastic' or wooden cutlery these days, so even that part doesn't necessarily have to be unenvironmental.
Comment
-
Sounds like that environment raping bastard has more money than sense.Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
We've got both kinds
Comment
){ :|:& };:
Comment