Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay, now I"m jealous of those who have a dishwasher.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use their dishwasher to wash clothes?
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
      Sure - though, I don't know her name
      She's actually a sheep. She licks the plates clean while MOBIUS bones her from behind.
      If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
      ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
        Anyone ever use their dishwasher to wash clothes?
        How about using a washing machine to clean dishes and glassware?

Comment

Originally posted by gribbler View Post
          How about using a washing machine to clean dishes and glassware?
          Front-loader or top loader?

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
            Front-loader or top loader?
            I just realized that this is a most excellent euphemism.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
              I assume soap and water, like before electric dishwashers were invented.
              In the good old days, dishwashers also cleaned the house, reared the children, made your lunch, sexed you nightly, and never talked back.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Dishwashers also mowed your lawn with no work from you.
                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
                  I just realized that this is a most excellent euphemism.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                    She's actually a sheep. She licks the plates clean while MOBIUS bones her from behind.
                    Mobius is a man who knows how to train sheep.

Comment

Yes, but I generally prefer to have more than one on the go at any one time, especially if I've had guests over for dinner.

They do make great lawnmowers as well.
                      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
                        I'm strange, okay?

The last apartment I lived in by myself, I had a dishwasher but I never used it. I didn't pile up enough dirty dishes at one time, to justify using the dishwasher - I just wash any dishes right away.
                        I see, you're just pursuing the American Dream. Some dishes more and voilà, you're a millionaire

Otoh real men never clean any dishes as long there are still clean dishes available somewhere in da house. Fact.
                        Blah

Comment

I reckon if you have a tidy kitchen you are much more likely to attract a girlfriend.
                          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus View Post
                            How does dishwasher use compare with the humble bowl-of-hot-water-and-elbow-grease in terms of power consumption and water consumption?
                            I'm seriously, you guys. ISTR that a lot of people on this site have themselves down as Eco-positive types, but everyone is bragging about using their shiny, electricity and water-guzzling dishwashers without discussing the footprint.

Can we afford a Carbon Gap?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                              I reckon if you have a tidy kitchen you are much more likely to attract a girlfriend.
                              An American friend of mine (yes I have American friends!) has an ingenious solution to this dilemma: paper plates and plastic cutlery*.

Once he finishes his meals, it's straight in the bin with everything. Job done, no washing up, no mess. He also has a fully functioning kitchen and table service for entertaining guests, who will note that his kitchen is always spotless.

If you think about it, bulk buying stuff like that may even potentially be cheaper than the cost of running a dishwasher, cost of extra tableware etc. So pretty much a win win situation all round.

*You can get biodegradable 'plastic' or wooden cutlery these days, so even that part doesn't necessarily have to be unenvironmental.
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Sounds like that environment raping bastard has more money than sense.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X