No announcement yet.

Spanish Youths Take to the Streets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't struggle to earn money, which is why I only need to work 3 days a week to be comfortably off.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

There's one difference between your and my approach. You need to keep working three days per week for the rest of your life. I can retire yesterday.

Comment

That is, unless the euro crashes

Comment

You don't know a blind thing about me, so you aren't in a position to claim things that are utterly false. We clearly have different priorities, which you can't seem to get your head around...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Well I can only work based on stereotypes, I guess you being Welsh means those sheep in your meadow rarely get a good night's rest....

Comment

Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
              There's one difference between your and my approach. You need to keep working three days per week for the rest of your life. I can retire yesterday.
              Sure, that's another approach. Work like a maniac and then retire early. I have a close relative who told me that was his approach. I don't know specifics, but he's made a ton of money. Still working (like a maniac). Why? Expenditures rise to meet income. House in Tahoe, House in Florida, etc etc.

If he'd actually done what he'd said: work like crazy, make his money, retire at 35, ok. Well, I suppose he has another year, since he's 34 now. We'll see. I can respect that approach. Everybody's different. I strongly suspect, however, that he won't retire particularly early.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Funny how it's always the people who struggle to earn money, who claim that money is not that important
                Oh, and by the way:

Moby makes good money, AFAIK. I know I do. I'm doing juuuuusst fine, thanks.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian View Post
                  Sure, that's another approach. Work like a maniac and then retire early. I have a close relative who told me that was his approach. I don't know specifics, but he's made a ton of money. Still working (like a maniac). Why? Expenditures rise to meet income. House in Tahoe, House in Florida, etc etc.
                  everyone has their own approach to life, but honestly, i never understood that one. you work like a dog during your 20s, 30s and 40s, maybe to retire at 50/55. sure if you focus on money for all that time then you'll be rich, but that's the best years of your life gone. you won't get them back.

If he'd actually done what he'd said: work like crazy, make his money, retire at 35, ok. Well, I suppose he has another year, since he's 34 now. We'll see. I can respect that approach. Everybody's different. I strongly suspect, however, that he won't retire particularly early.

-Arrian
                  and that's the other thing. if you retire at say 40, what are you going to do, play golf for forty years?
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

A large part might also be the idea that work is a necessary evil rather than a goal in itself. I struggle with employees that hit their monthly target during the first week and then slack off until the first day of the following month.
                    Either:

Why have they got such ridiculously low targets then?

Or:

Good for them! Great work life balance.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by C0ckney View Post
                      and that's the other thing. if you retire at say 40, what are you going to do, play golf for forty years?
                      yes, that's an issue. you get bored. everyone i knew that got rich early in life and retired, went back to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                        Magic bean farming working out well for you?
                        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Killing it is the new killing it
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• if you retire at say 40, what are you going to do, play golf for forty years?
                          I'd be fine. I'm dabble in this or that, but I assure you I'd be fine. My wife is more likely to bored, as she's the more driven worker type. Still, we'd fill the time.

The person who actually does what my relative was talking about (work 80-hr weeks, kick ass, make millions) is the type who gets bored and ends up working more. My type... doesn't make the millions in the first place. I'll do fine, but I'm not retiring anytime soon unless I win the lottery. Which would be really hard, since I don't play the tax on people who failed statistics.

-Arrian

Comment

• Money is important but it isn't everything. It's definitely worth working hard to get though.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• The role of Jack Handy will be filled by....
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                              X