Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At this point it doesn't really matter if he manages to make it through OCS or not; he doesn't want to be a careerist and he's wasted an incredible amount of time sitting around waiting to do something for 2 years which is completely unrelated to what he actually wants to do with his life.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Oncle Boris View Post
      I've heard about this story, though it was $60,000
      It's probably one of those urban legends.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• What exactly does Al want to do?
        What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
        What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Also, being a Marine Officer can mean being a lot of things not necessarily combat arms. Many people join the military with no intention staying then make careers out of it. There is also the fact that in certain cases, the military can help you break into the career of your choice. I say all this without knowing what it is that AL wants to do.
          What can make a nigga wanna fight a whole night club/Figure that he ought to maybe be a pimp simply 'cause he don't like love/What can make a nigga wanna achy, break all rules/In a book when it took a lot to get you hooked up to this volume/
          What can make a nigga wanna loose all faith in/Anything that he can't feel through his chest wit sensation

Comment

• Being a teller is easy as hell. The hiring process shouldn't be necessary for how easy this job is.

Wells Fargo is different from other banks because they are big on tellers being almost salespeople. Tellers are supposed to provide referrals for certain products for the bankers who close the sale. While doing a transaction, I'm supposed to look for cues that I can leverage to get a customer interested in a product or service and I receive a notification about products/services that each customer doesn't have that they may qualify for.

On my first day (I'm working part-time), I concentrated on transactions to make sure I didn't make mistakes. From the second day on, though, it was on. Day 2, I had 4 referrals in my part-time day. Day 3, 3 more. And that was even with me losing about an hour each day due to technical glitches on my computer.

One of the referrals likely turned into several sales since that customer was getting a checking account which would probably be paired with direct deposit, debit card, etc. Ka-ching Need to check with the banker to see what she managed to sell.

I don't think the branch manager expected such production out of me so soon because no one talked to me about what my referral goals are.

From the training literature, 260 referrals per quarter for a full-time teller is considered 'gold' level. Since I work 20 hours, 130 per quarter is what I expect my goal to be... so 10 referrals a week.

I got 7 in two days. This should be easy

As an aside, only one of the dozen personal bankers at this branch even approached me on my first day. Needless to say, I'm sending her all my referrals and I see no reason to even acknowledge any of the other bankers who, even after three days, none of them have said a word to me. Guess what, bankers. You're not getting my referrals then
            "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
            "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Next assignment: shag 7 ladettes in 2 days, should not be too hard for the golden boy now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoetstofzoetje View Post
                Next assignment: shag 7 ladettes in 2 days, should not be too hard for the golden boy now!
                I am the golden boy at every job I have had once I get my foot in the door...

such skills don't translate to the battlefield of love, however.
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
                  Hmmm... let's see how well Al knows his stuff...

I have a checking account at Wells Fargo. It was grandfathered in when Wells Fargo bought out First Security (IIRC... it's been a while). I want to transfer money from my WF account to a BPI account in the Philippines. I have 2 different BPI accounts. One is dollars. One is pesos. If I send $1000 to BPI, how much would I receive and what fees would there be (same question for both accounts, with the exchange thrown in for Pesos)?

Plus do you have a promo you can refer me to so that this can be a more confusing process that takes a bigger % of the funds?
                  So you need to wire money to a dollar-denominated Philippine account and then additional money to be exchanged to Philippine pesos and wired, as well? One of our bankers would be eager to help you. Please provide me with a time when it would be most convenient for you to speak with one of our bankers so we can get right on it.

Meanwhile, I fill out a suspicious activity report.

Comment

• By the way, we don't handle physical currency exchange anymore. We apparently outsource that. It takes 3-5 days for the exchanged currency to arrive. I don't know about exchanging electronic funds, though.

Comment

• **** that! The Yen can change in an hour.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• The old lady teller at the Wells Fargo branch in my hometown would have just replied "done" then said something incoherent about one of her relatives and given me a lollipop. You suck Al! (although I don't want your lollipop, you're too tall for me).

Comment

• So Al, is it true that you're no good with the ladies. It does not matter how good a job you do if all you can do with your paycheck is buy video games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post

Tipping off is illegal fail.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

So you need to wire money to a dollar-denominated Philippine account and then additional money to be exchanged to Philippine pesos and wired, as well? One of our bankers would be eager to help you. Please provide me with a time when it would be most convenient for you to speak with one of our bankers so we can get right on it.

Did you say hi Lancer!
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

I am the golden boy at every job I have had once I get my foot in the door...

such skills don't translate to the battlefield of love, however.
                                Small fish in a minute pool perhaps? You're wasted there. Personally, I'd have to be wasted to work there.
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X