Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to be a part-time bank teller (or to get any job)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearly, being a teller is more demanding than being a cashier.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• More to the point, cashiers can't foul up $20,000 Certificates of Deposit.

Tellers can.

Comment

• happened to me once. i deposited 800 euros. 2400 euros appeared on my bank account. the teller had clicked 'accept' three times instead of only once.

the extra money magically disappeared from my account days later. without my permission! bastards.

Comment

• There was a story a few years back where some guy tried to deposit one of those fake "million dollar checks" some loan companies mail out and even though it clearly says "This is not a Check" the teller still deposited the check. Low and behold the guy found the funds in his account and he transferred the money to another bank and then the original bank came looking for him for the funds. He eventually gave it back but as I recall he kept a blog about the whole thing and never touched a penny of the money. He just wanted to see if it would work.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
            Explain, please.
            Why do you have to wait a month? Probably because that is when they've got someone available to train you. They're not in any hurry, you are because you left a job before having your next job lined up. Your attitude is why graduates aren't favoured for low grade jobs. Arrogant, bored easily and will move on quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by sehzademsin4
              ellerinize saglik guzel bir baylasim olmus cok thenks
              Now we're being spammed in Turkish. Great
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• Are you sure it's Turkish? The words don't look anywhere near long enough.

Comment

• Yeah, IIRC, saglik means "health" "cok" means good...excuse my lack of correct accentuation and dotless i's...mind you - so did his post. But I am sure it is Turkish.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• **** = Good.
                    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Google Translate thinks "baylasim" should be "paylasim" and translates "ellerinize saglik guzel bir paylasim olmus cok thanks" as "many thanks for sharing have a nice hands, health". I think PH is right about it being Turkish.

Comment

• Did you have to do tests for these banking jobs?

And was one of the jobs "assess these loan applicants for risk"?
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeH View Post
                            Did you have to do tests for these banking jobs?

And was one of the jobs "assess these loan applicants for risk"?
                            +1

Comment

• Probably not. Even in today's lax environment, that's going to be kicked upstairs.

Comment

• TMM, just a joke based on this:

Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X