• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Based on your responses, YOU are a…
    Solid Liberal
    Along with the rest of the sane public

What They Believe
    Strongly pro-government and very liberal on a broad range of issues
    Very supportive of regulation, environmental protection and government assistance to the poor
    One of the most secular groups; 59% say that religion is not that important to them
    Supportive of the country's growing racial and ethnic diversity
    Two-thirds disagree with the Tea Party

Who They Are
    Highly politically engaged
    75% are Democrats
    Concentrated in the Northeast and West
    57% are female
    Best educated of the groups: 49% hold at least a bachelor's degree and 27% have post-graduate experience
    A third regularly listen to NPR, about two-in-ten regularly watch The Daily Show and read The New York Times
    59% have a passport
    42% regularly buy organic foods
    21% are first or second generation Americans
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
      57% are female
      So you're getting surgery done?
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

When became 'post-modern' a political stance?!?
        Blah

Comment

Libertarian.

How their thing is set up, it seems that if you're not religious or anti-immigration, you're libertarian, if you are, you're "Main Street Republican". This test is very linear and one dimensional
          "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
          "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Well, since BK was religious and pro-immigration, and libertarian, I can safely conclude that you're wrong. Unless that "not" carries over to the anti-immigration, but that would be very confusing. What's the grammar rule on that one?
            "

Comment

Originally posted by EPW View Post
              Well, since BK was religious and pro-immigration, and libertarian, I can safely conclude that you're wrong. Unless that "not" carries over to the anti-immigration, but that would be very confusing. What's the grammar rule on that one?
              The not qualifies the anti-immigration, as well. Not religious or NOT anti-immigration.
              "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Are you sure?

It looks more like ~AvB than ~Av~B.
                Last edited by EPW; May 7, 2011, 07:19. Reason: ugh, i shouldn't try to think this late
                "

Comment

Are you sure?

It looks more like ~AvB than ~Av~B.
                  Huh?

Whatever I'm telling you right now what it is. The 'not' qualifies the anti-immigration, as well; not anti-immigration. Context is critical for comprehension, anyway.

If not [religious or anti-immigration], then...

Saying not religious or not anti-immigration, while clearer, seems superfluous.
                  Last edited by Al B. Sure!; May 7, 2011, 07:38.

Comment

What's the grammar rule on that one?
                    Context!!!
                    "

Comment

Solid Liberals
                      14% OF THE PUBLIC

What They Believe
                      Strongly pro-government and very liberal on a broad range of issues
                      Very supportive of regulation, environmental protection and government assistance to the poor
                      One of the most secular groups; 59% say that religion is not that important to them
                      Supportive of the country's growing racial and ethnic diversity
                      Two-thirds disagree with the Tea Party
                      Who They Are
                      Highly politically engaged
                      75% are Democrats
                      Concentrated in the Northeast and West
                      57% are female
                      Best educated of the groups: 49% hold at least a bachelor's degree and 27% have post-graduate experience
                      A third regularly listen to NPR, about two-in-ten regularly watch The Daily Show and read The New York Times
                      59% have a passport
                      42% regularly buy organic foods
                      21% are first or second generation Americans

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

not [religious or anti-immigration]

I think your logic is screwed up. You mean (not religious)or(not anti-immigration) right?

not [religious or anti-immigration] == (not religious) AND (not anti-immigration).
                        "

Comment

not [religious or anti-immigration] == (not religious) AND (not anti-immigration).
                          I don't mean AND I used the word OR for a reason.

Comment

DE MORGAN FOO DEMORGAN IN THE HOOD
                            "

Comment

not religious OR not anti-immigration is the same logically as not [religious or anti-immigration]

Comment

NO
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X