No announcement yet.

He turned me into a newt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they really successfully conned you into believing they're better?
    Where the hell have you picked up the crazy idea that I think one of these religious lunatics are better than the other ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Awww, your mother was a lizard.

If you never saw the movie "Willow", with the Brownies, that comment will be lost on you.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH View Post
        One uses the tools one has available.

If this is true, it may be a sign that Khamenei is favoring a more moderate stance than the "**** the world insanity of afterdinnerjacket" (which would be a good thing despite Boris' "feelings" on the subject)
        Or it may simply be a power play between Khamanei and Ahmadenijad signifying no particular change in policy at all.

More to the point is the fact that we simply don't know what this could mean. The inner workings of the regime are more or less a mystery to us.

That, of course, assumes that this rumor has any basis in fact.
        "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico View Post
          Or it may simply be a power play between Khamanei and Ahmadenijad signifying no particular change in policy at all.

More to the point is the fact that we simply don't know what this could mean. The inner workings of the regime are more or less a mystery to us.

That, of course, assumes that this rumor has any basis in fact.
          First thing I do after reading any news from the Guardian is to look for confirmation. At this point, there seems to be no doubt that Khamenei and Afterdinnerjacket are having some type of power struggle. I agree that fact alone does not imply any policy change. I've even seen an article suggesting that it is Afterdinnerjacket who is covertly reaching out to the west.

What does not seem to be included in the analysis I've read though is the timing of this struggle. Why now? It seems to me that this struggle may be linked to the current revolutionary strife in the arab world. Since Khamenei's power is more linked to the people, he may be countering another potential revolution (that might remove him from supreme power) by replacing Afterdinnerjacket with a more moderate President.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat View Post
            Where the hell have you picked up the crazy idea that I think one of these religious lunatics are better than the other ?
            You're the one who started arguing with me. What else should I think since you picked the fight?
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I too thought this was Ogie nailing his colours to Gingrich after he put his hat in for President...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

so cute

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by MOBIUS View Post
                  I too thought this was Ogie nailing his colours to Gingrich after he put his hat in for President...
                  Continuing your streak of wrongness
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov View Post
                    You're the one who started arguing with me. What else should I think since you picked the fight?

Erhm, no, it was you that made a stupid comment about evil religionistas persecuting an innocent president. I just pointed out that he's just as crazy.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                    X