No announcement yet.

Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Rooms seem to look quite Dark though?

Also 15 TB
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

• The camera's pretty ****ty and doesn't do light metering/color temperature very well...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Where's the patch panel?

Comment

• I have the cables running to the utility room where I've them hooked up to a switch. No patch panel.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher View Post
            An old Canon SD800 IS
            I'm always impressed at the quality of pictures some of those older Canons can produce.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I have the cables running to the utility room where I've them hooked up to a switch. No patch panel.
              Especially with fiber, that is a bad idea, due to connector fragility. Also with patch panels you can have lines to every room but not get an enormous switch, by connecting the drops in the rooms that computers are located in to ports on your switch with patch cables at the panel.

I'm guessing in that case you only have a small number of drops in your house, given that the switch appears to be fairly small.

Comment

• There's 8 gigabit drops. The fibre is currently unterminated.

Comment

• Nice.
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Computer scientist and engineer. Utility and comfort.
                    i.e. geek trumps gay.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• Yesterday the weather was nice enough that they came out and installed the exterior stone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	House Stone 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	9092793

Name:	House Stone 002.jpg
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	9092794

Name:	House Stone 003.jpg
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	9092795

Name:	House Stone 004.jpg
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	9092796

Comment

• The Bosch dishwasher looks nice. It's a highly rated brand too. How are you two planning to plant your yard?
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• We're not going to even do it until Summer 2013, so haven't given too much thought yet. The backyard will have a large patio with seating and a (natural gas) firepit, though. That's as far as we've thought.

We're waiting for a full year of the freeze/thaw cycle for the ground to settle before spending any money on it.

Comment

• It's funny how close to each other the houses are, given the vastness of Canada.

Also, what is this? Fountain effect when it rains?

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion View Post
                              It's funny how close to each other the houses are, given the vastness of Canada.
                              The country is vast, but the number of major cities is not.

Also, what is this? Fountain effect when it rains?
                              http://apolyton.net/attachment.php?a...480936&thumb=1
                              I'm assuming you're referring to the downspout. It's left up unless there's expected to be a major downpour/melt. It'd funnel the water away from the foundation.

I have it up now since it's winter with no snow on the roof, and also the house next door is under construction so leaving it down is a sure-fire way to get it destroyed.

Comment

• It looks like when it's down it will funnel water to the neighbors foundation.
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X