Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish.

It's just a reminder to all of the trades that this is a finished product ("so don't **** it up").
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Nothing sucks like dings in your brand new cabinets.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Railings look nice, but I predict that short piece of railing protruding from the pillar is going to have a shorter lifespan than the rest. It will also be quite the nuisance on moving day - wrap it in something protective for that day.

Comment

• Are you going to have the walls wallpapered or painted?
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

• Actually I think that short piece of railing ought to be removed...look better that way.

You having any carpets Asher? Started looking at furniture yet?
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• He showed us the sofa he wanted earlier in the thread.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                Actually I think that short piece of railing ought to be removed...look better that way.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Nah, I like them as is. Adds some visual interest.
                  "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill View Post
                    Actually I think that short piece of railing ought to be removed...look better that way.

You having any carpets Asher? Started looking at furniture yet?
                    The railing needs to be there during construction for building code. I'm not sure if I'll keep it, but I probably will.

There's going to be hardwood (natural birch) on the main floor except for in the bathroom (tile), flex room (the small room near the front door, it'll have carpet), and great room. Upstairs will be all carpet except for the laundry room (tile) and bathrooms (tile).

I'm really pleased with the carpet we picked. It was pretty expensive but it's ridiculously nice to walk on -- it's not nylon or any kind of oil-based material, it's organic of some kind but it's really soft. Much softer than normal carpet. Also comes with a 25 year warranty. And the underpadding has some memory foam in it...

As for furniture -- been looking. Just yesterday we brought a measuring tape and took detailed measurements of all of the rooms. Starting December we'll go to the stores and start buying, with delivery dates in January.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Good choices
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• I did my "pre-paint" home walkthrough/inspection with the site super yesterday. No issues. Very impressed with how thorough they are quality control wise. They also talked about all of the issues they did face and how they were resolved.

I asked about the near-term scheduling: the next 5 days are full-out painting. After that, counters and lighting fixtures come in. Then the flooring and masonry.

Comment

• I'm sure there are no issues because they long since realized that you were well informed, did your research, and were watching their every move. Nice job! Inexplicably, some folks have an attitude of "call us when it's done".

Comment

• Yeah, I mean, it's only the largest single investment I'll likely make in my life. Why would I care how it turns out or want to keep tabs on it?

BTW, I'm really enjoying the pictures, Asher. It's looking great, please keep posting them!
                            If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                            ){ :|:& };:

Comment

• Who is Hot Mustard?!
                              Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                              Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither View Post
                                Is that a Liquor Control Board notice?
                                That was my first thought.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X