No announcement yet.

Building a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mention the quartz countertops in the kitchen and bathrooms?

I'm sure there's all kinds of excesses here a boy from Philly couldn't understand.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Can you just explain to me what 2 people need with 3 bathrooms?

If you can't explain it and you just talk about excesses I couldn't understand than you can never say anything about Kuci/HC ever again. You're one of them now
      "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
      "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Asher View Post
        It's a 3-bedroom house, plus dining room, living room, family room, kitchen, nook, etc.

There's one bathroom on the main floor, one bathroom upstairs, and an ensuite in the master bedroom (with 2 sinks, an oversized shower, and a 6' jetted tub, and large walk-in-closet).
        What the ****? Same thing? And you won't have a family! There's two of you!

nook
        What the ****? Is this a gay **** area?
        "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by Al B. Sure! View Post
          Can you just explain to me what 2 people need with 3 bathrooms?

If you can't explain it and you just talk about excesses I couldn't understand than you can never say anything about Kuci/HC ever again. You're one of them now
          Easy.

One on each floor for convenience, and an ensuite in the master bedroom so when we have guests over we won't need to walk around naked in the hallways.

It's standard, Alby. It's impossible to find a house with less than 3 bathrooms in our size range.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

What the ****? Same thing? And you won't have a family! There's two of you!
            The family room is off the kitchen (open-concept, all open...). It'll have sofas, chairs, etc for socializing or reading by the fireplace.

The living room is upstairs in a large room off the stairs. It'll be the media room.

The basement is being developed and will house the home theatre. Projector and 100"+ screen and all with 7.1 sound. It'll also have storage space. Note that the plumbing is roughed-in in the basement so we could add a fourth bathroom.

What the ****? Is this a gay **** area?
            A nook is a smaller, informal eating area off the kitchen. A dining room is larger and more formal.

Comment

Easy.

One on each floor for convenience, and an ensuite in the master bedroom so when we have guests over we won't need to walk around naked in the hallways.

It's standard, Alby. It's impossible to find a house with less than 3 bathrooms in our size range.
              Oh god forbid anyone has to walk up a flight of stairs to use the bathroom. And don't need to walk around naked? You can't afford towels or robes or do like I do and bring my clothes into the bathroom with me when I take a shower?

If it's impossible to find a house with less than 3 bathrooms in your size range that means your size range is a problem.

Inexcusable for two people, men at that, to be living in a house designed for a family of freaking 8.

Comment

Oh god forbid anyone has to walk up a flight of stairs to use the bathroom.
                Indeed. Also, these are 9' ceilings so there's more stairs than your typical house.

And don't need to walk around naked? You can't afford towels or robes or do like I do and bring my clothes into the bathroom with me when I take a shower?
                Why would you want to do that? Dude.

If it's impossible to find a house with less than 3 bathrooms in your size range that means your size range is a problem.

Inexcusable for two people, men at that, to be living in a house designed for a family of freaking 8.

Why the **** would we not do it? We could afford to buy much larger, but there's truly no point to that. We're two professionals making good bank with no children or debt. We're getting a 15 year mortgage and will probably pay it off well before then (I went with ING which permits 25% principle each year). And we'll still have lots of money for an early retirement...

The other option is to live in squalor and save millions of dollars in a bank account...for what?

You only live once, man.

Comment

So 3 separate rooms where you can eat food (dining room, 'nook', kitchen)
                  3 separate hang-out rooms, including a media room and a home theater (what's the difference between a media room and what you having in the basement?)
                  3 separate rooms to take ****s in.
                  All for two men.

How many shoes do you own, Asher? Will you be having shoe closets?

Conspicuous consumption is all this is. Nothing but flaunting.

Comment

I've heard that contractors can finish a basement cheaper and better than the builder. Of course, I have also heard horror stories about people that have done so. Perhaps an option to investigate.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

So 3 separate rooms where you can eat food (dining room, 'nook', kitchen)
                      3 separate hang-out rooms, including a media room and a home theater (what's the difference between a media room and what you having in the basement?)
                      3 separate rooms to take ****s in.
                      All for two men.

How many shoes do you own, Asher? Will you be having shoe closets?
                      I own three pairs of shoes: summer shoes (sneakers), winter shoes (hiking shoes with extra grip), dress shoes.

No shoe closet.

A media room is just a large-screen TV (60-65") with a bunch of casual seating. Plus game consoles, etc.

The home theatre is a room with theatre-style seating, and a 100-120" screen with a projector. Also doubles as two TVs, so we can watch different things at the same time if needed.

Conspicuous consumption is all this is. Nothing but flaunting.
                      Comfort isn't flaunting.

If you make the money, why not spend it and live a comfortable life?

I also forgot to mention the "study loft", which is an area near the top of the stairs where I can put in a bar and store my couple dozen bottles of scotch.

Comment

In a couple years we may just hire a pool boy.

And we do not have a pool.

And no, Alby, you cannot apply for the position.

Comment

I own three pairs of shoes: summer shoes (sneakers), winter shoes (hiking shoes with extra grip), dress shoes.

No shoe closet.
                          Interesting. I own more shoes than you.

I like to have different color sneakers to match my clothes though.

What? You just wear the same white pair no matter what color pants/shirt you're wearing? When I was broke, I did that.

A media room is just a large-screen TV (60-65") with a bunch of casual seating. Plus game consoles, etc.

The home theatre is a room with theatre-style seating, and a 100-120" screen with a projector. Also doubles as two TVs, so we can watch different things at the same time if needed.
                          You're TWO people?! Why do you need separate rooms with giant tv's and a theater seating?

Asher, you don't strike me as the type to be entertaining a lot of guests in your house.

Comfort isn't flaunting.
                          Are you any more measurably comfortable with 3 bathrooms than 2? 1?

Comment

Interesting. I own more shoes than you.

I like to have different color sneakers to match my clothes though.

What? You just wear the same white pair no matter what color pants/shirt you're wearing?
                            Yes. God, you're gay.

You're TWO people?! Why do you need separate rooms with giant tv's and a theater seating?

Asher, you don't strike me as the type to be entertaining a lot of guests in your house.
                            Oh, how little you know Alby...

I regularly meet up with lots of friends to watch hockey games or play board games. My SO is a very social animal also (very extroverted, outgoing).

Are you any more measurably comfortable with 3 bathrooms than 2? 1?
                            Yep.

Comment

Albie, I live in a three-room (not bedrooms, rooms) apartment with my wife and my mother-in-law. We have just one bathroom and dine in the kitchen, hope this will comfort you.
                              Graffiti in a public toilet
                              Do not require skill or wit
                              Among the **** we all are poets
                              Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

We have 4 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms for the 3 of us since daughter no 1 is at uni.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X