No announcement yet.

The Holocaust and Paying Taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the nation has enough voters for Bush in order for Nader to "spoil" it, it deserves what it gets ... AV could have saved you in 2000 but it wouldn't have saved you later on... or from what's coming after Obama.
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

If your nation is full of nitwits then any system of voting is eventually going to elect a nitwit
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

proportional representation at least gives your 20% of population who can think the chance to get representation in parliament, or in your case it would Senate/House... AV... not so much... your system is totally screwed, even more than the British or Canadian ones, which are pretty bad too.

a good laugh from David Cameron today - the day of AV referendum in UK...

A statement to the media from Mr Cameron warns: “Today’s referendum is massively important for Britain. Nothing less than the way our democracy works is on the line. First Past the Post has worked for generations.

“It is simple to understand, gives each person an equal voice and lets the people kick out governments they don’t like. We cannot give all this up.”

very funny
        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

A statement to the media from Mr Cameron warns: “Today’s referendum is massively important for Britain. Nothing less than the way our democracy works is on the line. First Past the Post has worked for generations.

“It is simple to understand, gives each person an equal voice and lets the people kick out governments they don’t like. We cannot give all this up.”

All I can say is:

Bachmann said that people just entering the workforce could eventually see 75 percent of their income sucked up by income taxes, Social Security and Medicare.

All I can say is:
          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I wanted to see some conservative Apolytoners on here to try to defend, or explain away Bachmann's idiocy.
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
              derp. deleted. what I get for not reading the thread.

It's a Fun thread. I assumed he would basically always be wrong.
              But you forgot the Bachman Factor
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Damn, it looks like the UK will not be switching to alternative voting

Comment

Exactly how did the British invade this thread about American politics?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Though she said she wasn’t drawing an analogy, Bachmann said the next generation will ask similar questions about what their elders did to prevent them from facing a huge tax burden.
                    After all the whining that is done about higher taxes, you cite this instance? I think it was a strange way to phrase it, but I also think you're purposely not understanding.
                    That doesn't mean I like her, but I understand what she was actually saying. The "next generation" already is talking. See the boomer remarks rampant here.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Which makes you a Nazi. Not surprised.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'm sorry, but what does this thread have to do with gay rights and the bigotry of conservatism?

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                          Some tough decisions in the republican primary.
                          Yep. You get to choose between bat**** insane, bat**** insane, crazy with a learning disability, and bat**** insane. It's a near perfect wave of mental disabilities and raving madness.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                          X