X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Holocaust and Paying Taxes

Bachmann uses Holocaust to illustrate tax point

By The Associated Press

Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann is describing the loss of “economic liberty” that young Americans face today as a “flashpoint of history” in which the younger generation will ask what their elders did to stop it.

In a speech Saturday to New Hampshire Republicans, Bachmann recounted learning about a horrific time in history as a child — the Holocaust — and wondering if her mother did anything to stop it. Though she said she wasn’t drawing an analogy, Bachmann said the next generation will ask similar questions about what their elders did to prevent them from facing a huge tax burden.

Bachmann said that people just entering the workforce could eventually see 75 percent of their income sucked up by income taxes, Social Security and Medicare.
    Twelve million people will be murdered through higher taxes.
    A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Some tough decisions in the republican primary.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Yes, it´s a cruel world...
      in some countries people get slaughtered by the millions
      and in other countries *gasp*
      many more people even have to pay taxes
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Bachmann said that people just entering the workforce could eventually see 75 percent of their income sucked up by income taxes, Social Security and Medicare.
        How does anyone take this woman seriously?
        She's still a rising star in the Republican party, apparently

Comment

I hope more people like her become rising stars in the Republican party.

Comment

It's not murder, it's 'collateral damage'.
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

derp. deleted. what I get for not reading the thread.

It's a Fun thread. I assumed he would basically always be wrong.
              Last edited by Hauldren Collider; April 30, 2011, 22:29.
              If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
              ){ :|:& };:

Comment

WHOOOOSH
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

117 viewers and 7 posts. WTF?

Comment

well Michele is not really funny, she is in the boring place of predictable stupidity which makes it not funny. Bush or Palin on the other hand, are/were unpredictable and that is what made them more fun >>>> more comments Bush in particular was a gift that kept on giving... I am sad that Americans have limited their presidents to two terms only
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'm not.

Comment

I am. Bill Clinton 2012
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Imagine if he'd been reelected in 2000. Even if he'd wanted to invade Iraq after 9/11 the Republicans wouldn't have let him - they'd be too busy impeaching him for having another oval office another booty call.
                          Last edited by loinburger; May 5, 2011, 13:12.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

but then we wouldn't have got George Bush jr... he had the twin talents of being able to destroy the US singlehandedly and do it with style... no single man in history did so much to undermine the US as he did... you have to give him credit when it's due, he deserved the third term
                            Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                              Imagine if he's been reelected in 2000. Even if he's wanted to invade Iraq after 9/11 the Republicans wouldn't have let him - they'd be too busy impeaching him for having another oval office another booty call.
                              Imagine if the US had alternative voting instead of first past the post so Nader couldn't have spoiled the election by vote splitting.

Comment

Working...
                              X